Sony KP51WS520

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Well, since no one has posted here, I would like to give you some info about my television. I only know a little at this point and time about the service menu, but here goes. All feel free to talk about tweaks you have done as well.

First, to enter the service menu, make sure your TV is off and press: Disp,5, Volume +, and Power on your Sony remote. Note that when you change something, you must press mute and then enter on the remote after you change that value and are specifiaclly looking at that value. Please write down the original values in case you mess somethign up.

Now for some tweaks. First enter the service menu and using the 1 and 4 buttons scroll through until you find AXIS. Once you find AXIS, change the value, which sould be set at zero, to 1 by using the 3 and 6 buttons. 3 to increase the value, 6 to decrease. This will minimize Red Push, and is an excellent way to make your TV look better.

Next, if your TV is having and Overscan problem, like you cannot see all of the bottom line on ESPN or ESPNEWS, using the 1 and 4 buttons, scroll until you find VSIZ and VPOS and HSIZand HPOS. Using a calibration tool like AVIA, adjust the overscan as AVIA tells you to do so. You can do this by eye alone withiout AVIA, but do so, as all things in the service menu at your own risk.

Finally, visit here to see a list of other tweaks that you may eant to try. I must note that I am not responsible if you mess up your TV while doing this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)