Sony locationfree tv or Slingbox

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
I was at bestbuy today looking at the slingbox pro, however right next to it they had sony's locationfree box. If i get the sling pro its 199+i would need the hd dongle and either run cat5 or buy the wireless adaptor they have for the slingbox. However the sony unit has component inputs on the box and built in wifi. just wanted to know if anyone has used the sony unit as i hear so many great things about sling but never the sony unit.

heres a link to the sony unit

Sony - LocationFree Base Station - LF-V30

I got the LocationFree LV30 so I can use it with my PSP, if you don't have a PSP you'd probably be better served to go with Slingbox, sounds like it has less issues with setup. That said, anyone who knows how to set up a router shouldn't have trouble with either.

It looks fine on my PSP, but the problem is the remote codes for the PSP haven't been updated, so I can't control a show once I start it off my DVR. But the Player on my laptop has a graphic representation of the Dish 622 remote and works perfectly.

I got it so I can watch Thursday night football while I'm at work since football games start at 5pm here on the west coast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts