Sony Movie Channel

tigerfan33

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2007
Alabama
Not sure if this has been posted. Posters on another forum have said the Sony Movie Channel will be coming to Dish and will be channel 386. The launch appears to be October 1st.

Congrats if this is true!!!

Not sure if this has been posted. Posters on another forum have said the Sony Movie Channel will be coming to Dish and will be channel 386. The launch appears to be October 1st.

I posted about it in the Platinum thread since I figured maybe I missed it on here as well. If you go on the Sony Movie Channel page and pick your provider it gives the info you talked about. The Directv one still says call your provider, so it must be updated info anyway.

Judging from the movies highlighted on the site, can't say I'm terribly excited.

BTW here is what the website currently says...

Sony Movie Channel is available on DISH Network channel 386.

Starting October 1 you will be able to access Sony Movie Channel and Sony Movie Channel DISH Network Video On Demand.
Also note when you "SIGN UP" that all the providers are listed in ABC order... but DISH Network is listed above them all.

This was from their Facebook Page
Sony Movie Channel Get ready for .... SONY MOVIE CHANNEL ...... UNCUT FILMS ...... STUNNING HD QUALITY ...... 10.01.10 ...... CC

What interesting is they also say they will offer 3D.

Sony Movie Channel is the first U.S. multi-platform television network from Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) created specifically for the Hollywood movie fan. Offering uncut and uninterrupted theatrical releases in stunning high definition and 3D. Programming is selected from more than 3,500 Sony Pictures films, which collectively have received 184 Academy Awards including 12 for Best Picture.

Nice! Will this be bundled with the Platinum HD? If so we already have that, so hopefully the channel will show-up on Oct 1st, just in time for Halloween movies :)

Sam

me To!!! Heck with EPIX, Encore, HD Movies, Indie & RetroPlex and MGM along with Netflix I am pretty much set with Movies..... Bring em' On... CC

That's what I expected Scott, but just wanted to be clear. As you know the TV manufacturers have used the term Full HD to describe their 1080p sets for the past few years. This is not entirely accurate, but has been widely used so I wanted to clear up any confusion. Thanks.

Not to change the subject, but since Sony owns part of it and Lionsgate and Comcast own the rest is there any news about FearNet HD being added as well? Dish seems to have pretty good relations with Lionsgate, since they have Epix, so perhaps there is a chance that they will add it. It is probably not as good as MonstersHD was, but maybe it will be better than Chiller is.

How long until the channel is removed due to a carriage dispute / lawsuit with Sony? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)