Sony Movie Channel

Cool. I'd take another HD Net Movies, Encore, or Retroplex over another HBO any day of the week.

Don't even compare HDNet Movies with the worthless Encore or "Plexes".
HD Net Movies does not have an intrusive ch logo nor do they add a "coming up next" banner before the end of the movie!

Don't even compare HDNet Movies with the worthless Encore or "Plexes".
HD Net Movies does not have an intrusive ch logo nor do they add a "coming up next" banner before the end of the movie!

I'll keep that in mind while I'm watching The Mission in OAR, with that Huge Retroplex HD bug in the corner. Loosen up a little bit.

I'll keep that in mind while I'm watching The Mission in OAR, with that Huge Retroplex HD bug in the corner. Loosen up a little bit.

I hear you. But it still bugs me. Worse is cutting into movies BEFORE they're over for "up next" banner.
As for OAR, they can't touch HDNM.
One recent film on Retroplex actually switched back and forth between center cut & full 16X9 during the showing.
Checked my recording of the same movie from 2 years ago off HDNM and it was letterboxed all the way through and looking sharp.
Like I said, worthless.
I'm with you on film choices though.
Love that fastback mustang!

I hear you. But it still bugs me. Worse is cutting into movies BEFORE they're over for "up next" banner.
As for OAR, they can't touch HDNM.
One recent film on Retroplex actually switched back and forth between center cut & full 16X9 during the showing.
Checked my recording of the same movie from 2 years ago off HDNM and it was letterboxed all the way through and looking sharp.
Like I said, worthless.
I'm with you on film choices though.
Love that fastback mustang!

Thank you! I agree, HDNM is the gold standard. But, the others have their moments for people who like to watch/archive older movies. There could be a bunch of garbage in a row, and then you find something good. That's why I'll take any new movie channel, especially one that's added into an existing package.

Not to change the subject, but since Sony owns part of it and Lionsgate and Comcast own the rest is there any news about FearNet HD being added as well? Dish seems to have pretty good relations with Lionsgate, since they have Epix, so perhaps there is a chance that they will add it. It is probably not as good as MonstersHD was, but maybe it will be better than Chiller is.

Am pretty sure that the Sony Movie channel is the first, 100% owned by Sony, TV channel in the U.S. They are part owners in a couple of other channel, one in conjunction with Lionsgate and Comcast and another with DirecTv and GSN.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)