Sony PlayStation 2 global shipments top 100 million units

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
TOKYO (AFP) - Sony said that total global shipments of its PlayStation 2 game console had exceeded 100 million units since its launch in March 2000.

Global shipments of the PS2 included 40.65 million to North America, 37.14 million to Europe and 22.22 million to Asia, including Japan, Sony's computer entertainment division said.

The original PlayStation took nine years and six months to clock up total shipments of 100 million.

Sony has high hopes for its PlayStation 3, which is due to hit the market early next year, behind Microsoft's Xbox 360 that has just gone on sale in the United States and is set for launch in Europe December 2 and Japan December 10.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051130/tc_afp/japangameelectronicscompanysony;_ylt=AlzUhpoqNEsa1PPmcxUK6ksjtBAF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

I'm so sick of sony putting these numbers out. This does not mean there are 100 million ps2 owners out there, it means there's about 40 million. PS2's break faster than a dish network receiver after a software update...

Uh, so what exactly would you like them to report? You have an obvious bias against the PS2, so I guess nothing sony would report would please you.

For the record, I dont own a PS2. The last console I ever bought was a PS. I play my old nes and snes more than any new console. However, 6 friends of mine have PS2s, 1 had a problem and returned it to sony for service and it came back fixed. Does that count in Sony's numbers?

No that doesn't count. I also have a problem with used game sales because they don't count. Someone goes to gamestop a week after metal gear 3 comes out, saves 5 bucks and buys it used, but it doesn't count. 2 owners but only 1 sale...drives me nuts...

I'm not biased against the ps2, i have a problem with sony being flat out liars. They still to this day claim that playstation and ps2 never had hardware problems when they have legendary hardware problems...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)