Sony SAT - T60 question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Topper

Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
I'm replacing a Sony SAT-T60 with a HR10-250.

Install is wed.

While checking things out to ensure a smooth install and transition I noticed on my old receiver I am getting no signal from Sat 119.

My question I guess is should I be getting any signal from Sat 119 on an SAT -T60?

I have a dual LNB setup, location is Troy, MI. 48083.

I switched the LNB's to check if an LNB was bad but before and after I switched them I still don't get SAT 119.

Should I be receiving Sat 119?

I'm wondering if I have an issue with hardware ( no other receiver or multi to test atm) or if my location is the issue.

I'll post some pics when the wife gets home with the digi camera to show the situation but does anyone have any info/thoughts to lend this situation?

All help much appreciated.

Not sure the correct tags for pics but here are the links showing current location of my dish on the side of my 2 story house.
Pics: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/DetRedwingNut/SatLocation.jpg
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/DetRedwingNut/SatLocation2.jpg

Last edited:
When you originally set up your T60, did you select "oval dish, 2 LNB's" in the guided setup? If not, try rerunning it with this & set if you get a signal then.
Yes, the dish you have should give you 119.
But, since you are having a tech out, he should be able to fix this fairly easily. (assuming it's not a tree issue, etc. - then obviously you might need a chain saw... :D :D )

dishrich said:
When you originally set up your T60, did you select "oval dish, 2 LNB's" in the guided setup? If not, try rerunning it with this & set if you get a signal then.
Yes, the dish you have should give you 119.
But, since you are having a tech out, he should be able to fix this fairly easily. (assuming it's not a tree issue, etc. - then obviously you might need a chain saw... :D :D )
Seeing you are getting a HD receiver you will need a 3 LNB dish at minimum, you really should be getting a 5 LNB dish even though the HR10-250 isn't MPEG4 compatible.:)

Thanks for the replies :)

My setup is for an oval dual LNB system. I ran system check to attempt to reacquire the 119 sat info but it didn't work. :(

When I setup the new receiver they would only upgrade to a 3 LNB instead of the 5 as i attempted to get.

my sat 101 readings are from 75-99. Do you think it could be a tree issue with the inability to acquire 119 from the pictures I posted?

I have a spot I thought would be great for a pole mount but really was hoping to get the 5LNB since the pole diameter is different for a 3 and 5 LNB setup. Is this info correct?

Here's the location I have where I could do a post install.
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/DetRedwingNut/PossiblePolelocation.jpg

Would I be wise to just install a post at that location tonight to ensure future ability to receive all satellites? That is the only location on my property with a clear view of the D* birds. (even though I'll have to replace the pole when I'm upgraded from a 3 to 5 LNB setup?)

Thanks again for any info/thoughts you can send my way.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sports pkg & pro teams

D-Tv R15 DVR + DVD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)