Sony takes a shot at Vizio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hasn't this Japanese outfit invented 1080p?
I think it's time for them to sue every one of the 1080p TV manufacturers. Unless they pay royalties.

And I really hope they get their ass whipped once again...just like Monster Cable vs. Tartan/BlueJeans Cable.

And Wiesenthal said that Blu-ray disc sales now only represent two percent of the DVD markets, but that number jumps as high as 13 percent on some titles.
I don't think this is true (probably closer to half this much), unless DVD sales dropped something like 30%.
But even if it is, what drugs was Sony President under one month ago when claiming
DVD and BD currently account for about 80 percent and 20 percent, respectively, of global demand for movie discs, Chubachi indicated. The new BD devices to be offered by Sony include models integrating an HD LCD TV with BD recording functionality, Chubachi pointed out.

It looks somebody like Joe is running that Japaneses outfit...

Diogen.

42" sets with 1,200:1 contrast ratios deserve to be called out. And Samsung makes my #1 slot because Sharp needs to overcome their 10,000:1 plateau.

That's what I was wondering KevinW, I thought I read that same article or similar about this subject.

I notice in stores that many set with lower ratios have better contrasts then their 'better ratio" competitors.

And on a personal note, we have a little 37inch Vizio we got for the kids play area/movie room etc. PQ is pretty darn good and overall image (contrast, blacks, grays etc) can easily hold it's own. but if Sony wants to play the prestige game, there are plenty out there who will buy into it.

I love the Sony term "Semi non-HD TV". It's HD, kind of, but it isn't SD. I voted for it, before I voted against it.

I would put Pioneer and Panny (plasmas) above Sony LCD's.

Sony is just mad that Vizio is forcing them to bring prices down. Sucks for them that there are no studio(s) they can buy to force Vizio, Olevia, Westinghouse, etc. to surrender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts