Sony XBR850C

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
I've had this set almost a week, but probably have less than 3 hours viewing between life events & work, will be at least a week before I really get to sit down to play with.
Initial perceptions;
Video is very good from a Dish ViP 922, OTA is of course a little sharper / better.
I do have some problems losing sync with HDMI with the Dish receiver.
Have not had the chance to hook up or view DIRECTV programming or Blu-ray yet.
Have viewed youtube 4k and 4k videos taken with my Sony FDR-AX33 from a WD passport portable EHDD.
The Camcorder videos are very sharp, not seeing any problem with so far having only recorded an NCAA D2 Softball game in daylight & a Graduation indoors.

I moved a 4 year old 42" Sony out of the living room and gave to a Brother to make room for it. I do need to mount the 65" about 2' higher when I get the chance.
Still have the Optoma in the Bedroom & the Mitsubishi's in the other 2 rooms...

Last edited:
I've had my 65 850c for about three weeks now. Really happy with it. Upgraded from an 8 year old 50" 720P Panny plasma.

On my second one, got it a couple weeks ago for $1799 before they went back up...
I got the 65" Sony XBR-65X850C. Bought it during the same deal. Happy with it overall. Still playing with the settings though. Hard to make adjustments without calibration tables in 4K with HDR.
The only significant issue I am seeing is the blueish blooming on the side edges. Noticeable on some scenes, but not noticeable all the time. From what I've read at AVS, this is a common problem with these sets. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with the set. A great set of features for the price.

Walked into Best Buy last night just to look around and they had the 55" 850C on sale for $999.99, $300.00 less then what I paid for it at Amazon 3 weeks ago.

Sounds like you need to threaten to return it to Amazon to see if they will match the Best Buy price.

Already sent pics in, see how it goes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)