Soon is here for new DISH HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FOLKS WHAT SCOTT POSTED WAS OR IS ACCURATE!!!!!!

If we do not see the National HD on 4/10/08 it is not Scot's fault. Dish has the rights to quite a few national HD. The problem is finding the bandwidth to launch the HD programs without a very poor picture. It's like someone pulled the switch and all you get is noise.

I for one apperciate any updates even if in the end what suppose to happen does not.

FOLKS WHAT SCOTT POSTED WAS OR IS ACCURATE!!!!!!

If we do not see the National HD on 4/10/08 it is not Scot's fault. Dish has the rights to quite a few national HD. The problem is finding the bandwidth to launch the HD programs without a very poor picture. It's like someone pulled the switch and all you get is noise.

I for one apperciate any updates even if in the end what suppose to happen does not.

USA-HD and Scifi-HD have been wasting bandwith on 110 for months now so I don't see how it's a problem. Who's blaming Scott anyway?

Smart a@#! This thread is about national HD.

It's just stupid that E* waits to turn on channels that already have tp's dedicated for them.

Yes, but the name of the thread is "Soon is here for new DISH HD"

Wow...somebody didn't get their "HD" today:p

Settle down there, Sparky.

I had a chat with CSR and I don't know what to make out of this

me : I want to know when can we expect new HD channels?
(03) Jennifer P: DISH Network is going to launch a number of national HD channels over the next few months, such as:
ABC Family Channel HD, AMC (American Movie Classics) HD,
BET HD, The Biography Channel HD, Cartoon Network HD, CMT (Country Music Channel) HD, CNN HD, Disney Channel HD, ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD, IFC (Independent Film Channel) HD, MGM HD
MoreMAX HD, MTV HD, Nickelodeon HD, Sci Fi Channel HD
Smithsonian HD, The Tennis Channel HD, The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD, USA Network HD, VH-1 HD, WGN HD
(03) Jennifer P: These HD channels would be added in a couple of months.
me : when you say these channels will be launched in couple of months, is that means that I won't see any new HD channels until June or July?
(03) Jennifer P: It would be in the month of April and May.
me : but nothing this week right?
(03) Jennifer P: Correct.
me : so what exactly happened this week, I thought there were supposed to be couple of HD launches originally planned
(03) Jennifer P: There will be a couple of HD local stations that will be launched.
me : yeah but there was also supposed to be USA and SCIFI channels right?
(03) Jennifer P: Well, you are already aware of the delay in Satellite launch.
That's why they are not up.

I don't know whether she is telling the truth:confused:.

USA-HD and Scifi-HD have been wasting bandwith on 110 for months now so I don't see how it's a problem. Who's blaming Scott anyway?

USA-HD and Scifi-HD were usually virtually *no* bandwidth until this week. According to those who have the gear, they only showed a slate which uses effectively nil bandwidth.

Yes, but the name of the thread is "Soon is here for new DISH HD"

Wow...somebody didn't get their "HD" today:p

Settle down there, Sparky.

LOL, I just thought he was a StarWars fan, sounds like master Yoda to me!!

Well E* better get the ball rolling My wife (of all people) wants more hd and wants to go to D*, So if she is thinking that I am sure others are.

(she once said she didnt see the difference, until she watched Desperate Housewives in HD)

USA-HD and Scifi-HD were usually virtually *no* bandwidth until this week. According to those who have the gear, they only showed a slate which uses effectively nil bandwidth.

Great, once someone can explain why they didn't go live this week then I'll start believing in next week. Until then it's all fairy tales and disappointment with a 100% track record of inaccuracy.

Great, once someone can explain why they didn't go live this week then I'll start believing in next week. Until then it's all fairy tales and disappointment with a 100% track record of inaccuracy.

Why? Because Charlie and his corporate cronies ecided not to turn them on. Pretty easy answer. :)

I know that, but nothing else was using the bandwith left because those 2 channels weren't passing a full video stream.

I still can't believe how many people call the CSRs and open chat requests about national HD expecting to get some information.

Ladies, gentleman, by now you should all know that the casual reader of this forum tends to know stuff well before the CSRs do.

I still can't believe how many people call the CSRs and open chat requests about national HD expecting to get some information.

Ladies, gentleman, by now you should all know that the casual reader of this forum tends to know stuff well before the CSRs do.

and the worst part is that these same people call the CSRs clueless and dumb. :confused:

The CSRs won't know when new HD channels are gonna be launched until they're actually launched, period.

Why? Because Charlie and his corporate cronies ecided not to turn them on. Pretty easy answer. :)

What ever the reason we all know it is NOT Scott's fault.
Very convenient, that ANY prediction can be explained away as ACCURATE at the time but DISH changed their mind. :rolleyes:
I don't care if a sink-hole swallows every DISH uplink center; if Scott says it will happen then you can bet the bank IT WON'T.
He has definitely angered the gods.
Everyone can join me and beg Scott NOT to predict we will get any next week or the next.

The same can be said about "Installers"; even if they run a website. ;)

From an inside source, today Charlie was repeatedly throwing the SciFi/USA Hd switch but it was broke and a vast team of engineers are working tirelessly trying to fix it.;)

Here is the switch thats causing the issue. Looks like it hasn't been used for at least 6 months.
switch-1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)