Soon is here for new DISH HD?

Let's not forget these timeless classics also:"I am sorry for the long wait", "I apologize for the very long wait", and "I am sorry for the very long wait, I do apologize sir".:D

And, re-stating your question: "I understand Sir, that you are wanting to know how many more HD channels will be available". ARGH!!

The last time I chatted with rep, it was Chris K. Before that, I really think it was John K. Are they all relatives? Or is the "K" last name, tied to a geographic location? Seems odd.
Yes, and their last name is Kasthuriranganagaswamyanamandramroliwallahirananda. :)

Last edited:
It has been reported in another Dish forum that the slates for Sci Fi and USA have been removed and now show activity. Take this for what it's worth.

It has been reported in another Dish forum that the slates for Sci Fi and USA have been removed and now show activity. Take this for what it's worth.
This was reported here as well, actually in this very thread (and a couple of other places on satguys), a couple of days ago. See post #45 in this thread and the discussion that follows for one example.

Every week that goes by actually increases the odds that Scott's INSIDE info and DISH's actual roll-out will coincide.
I just wish this site was as worried about accuracy as it is with the "first post" mentality.

Every week that goes by actually increases the odds that Scott's INSIDE info and DISH's actual roll-out will coincide.
I just wish this site was as worried about accuracy as it is with the "first post" mentality.
Maybe you didn't notice that Scott's info in USA & SciFi was accurate, when it was posted. A later issuance of the same memo from Dish then deleted those two channels. That's when Scott started this thread, when it was obvious there was conflicting inside info.

You want certain accuracy? Go to Dish's site and read about it 2 weeks after it happens or go to DBS NoTalk where speculation isn't allowed. :rolleyes:

As noted above Scott posted what he was given, when a change was noted he followed up with this -

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1307228-post1.html

NightRyder

You want certain accuracy? Go to Dish's site and read about it 2 weeks after it happens or go to DBS NoTalk where speculation isn't allowed.

Read Scott's post from 2 days ago and tell me where you think you were mislead?

You misunderstand, I wasn't mislead. I have seen the accuracy of the INSIDE info on this site and knew what to expect.

Not looking for 100%, but if EVERY time INSIDE info is posted and it doesn't happen you might think about NOT posting from that source anymore.

what's been posted that was wrong? Scott posted information that was correct at the time. when the information changed he reported that. if he had reported that SciFi HD and USAHD would be turned on today then AFTER the uplinks showed they weren't there said "well, i guess my contact was wrong" it would be one thing. but so far what Scott said happened.

You misunderstand, I wasn't mislead. I have seen the accuracy of the INSIDE info on this site and knew what to expect.

Not looking for 100%, but if EVERY time INSIDE info is posted and it doesn't happen you might think about NOT posting from that source anymore.

I believe Scott mentioned that he had gotten the information about USA/SciFi/Chiller from seven different sources. It was definitely accurate information at that time. He later found out those channels had been dropped off the list and started an entire sticky thread about the change.

Maybe you didn't notice that Scott's info in USA & SciFi was accurate, when it was posted. A later issuance of the same memo from Dish then deleted those two channels. That's when Scott started this thread, when it was obvious there was conflicting inside info.

What do you mean it was "accurate when posted"?

You may know there was a memo issued, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that the contents of the memo meant anything.

I don't care what internal memos Dish issues or what they contain. I'm interested in whether or not I'll be getting those channels.

Scott tries, but the evidence is that his information has been, at least recently, far from "accurate" in any relevant (i.e. national HD) sense.

Duuuuuuuuuuudes, seriously? What is up with Dish Network???

I've watched these Wednesdays come and go for 3 weeks now and I know that is nothing compared to some of you who have been living with weekly disappointment for months. If anyone is holding out hope for next week, I'd like to know why. There was NO reason they didn't turn on Sci-Fi and USA HD this week, so why would anyone think next week or the week after will be any different?

The only solid info on new National HD's is that some are on the way. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see them until the end of the year, and even then it will be a partial number of the ones listed now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)