Soon is here for new DISH HD?

i think Poke was talking to Scott, as he had Kojak as his avatar recently.

a bit touchy, are we? But i guess we can't all be geniuses
It's all about context.
I think a non genius could see how a non-touchy person could misinterpret given the order of post.
My apologeeze to Poke and the real Kojak for jumping in.
And it's Genii not Geniuses. ;) (sorry I couldn't resist)

It's all about context.
I think a non genius could see how a non-touchy person could misinterpret given the order of post.
My apologeeze to Poke and the real Kojak for jumping in.
And it's Genii not Geniuses. ;) (sorry I couldn't resist)

Genii?
Genii.jpg

hey look!, we're back on the topic of HD :)

If you read up a couple of post you will see not everyone is a Genius like you, so I felt the need to spell it out.
And while I am spelling things out; it's Kojak. ;)

Well Thanks! I feel safer already knowing that we have the spelling and grammar police on the boards. ;)

Yeah anyway back to HD talk I hope that more folks get their locals in HD as well. :)

Actually I looked it up and geniuses is correct too.
I just have always used genii.
A real genius would have known that, sorry.

actually the Genii aren't really geniuses so i don't know how that works. I mean they had to get McKay to jumpstart thier nuclear and have you seen thier strategies for fighting the wraith? lets just say they leave a lot to be desired in the smarts category.

Yeah anyway back to HD talk I hope that more folks get their locals in HD as well. :)
This is where I don't understand DISH. Preface this with the fact that I already have my locals, of course.
But aren't more subs and possible subs which equates to DISH's bottom line effected by National HD than by Local HD?
I think stopping the hemorrhaging of current HD subs is a better strategy than gaining a few (relatively speaking) Local HD subs.

This is where I don't understand DISH. Preface this with the fact that I already have my locals, of course.
But aren't more subs and possible subs which equates to DISH's bottom line effected by National HD than by Local HD?
I think stopping the hemorrhaging of current HD subs is a better strategy than gaining a few (relatively speaking) Local HD subs.

Okay, so I take it you are volunteering to give up your HD locals to make room for a few more HD nationals? Thanks! :D

Seriously though, I think there's some logic to your argument, but I think it's probably a balancing act that depends on the national channels in question, and the number of potential subscribers in particular local markets.

Okay, so I take it you are volunteering to give up your HD locals to make room for a few more HD nationals? Thanks! :D

Seriously though, I think there's some logic to your argument, but I think it's probably a balancing act that depends on the national channels in question, and the number of potential subscribers in particular local markets.

i would give up my locals for more national. I get 2 markets OTA

i would give up my locals for more national. I get 2 markets OTA

I also get my locals OTA (Indianapolis), but it would have been nice to be able to record two of the major networks in HD at once without first "moving" into an unsuspecting Taco Bell in Nashville, TN. Oh well, at least now I'll be able to watch the Indy 500 without a time delay for the first time in my life (somewhat ironically, the 500 is blacked out in Indiana). But living in a Taco Bell is really getting old…:hungry:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts