Soon is here for new DISH HD?

Actually one of the folks overthere said "The site that keeps pushing all these rumors lost all credibility with me when they started charging $19.95 on a recurring basis to be able to access a part of the site where you can hear the rumors before the rest of the subs. The more rumors they can come up with, the better the chance for more subscriptions." and JL responded with "A quick reminder ... this is DBSTalk - let's talk about DBS - not the policies and practices of sites discussing DBS, but DBS services." which to me seem a nice way to not stir the pot.

He's just jealous he had to obtain the info from this great site!:D

What about Fox Sports BA and ESPNNEWS HD?

Scott, does this mean no chance for Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area or ESPNNews HD this week?

Will not having 61.5 affect people in the midwest locals in HD since I live in michigan?

Dish isn't going to put any mainstream HD channels only on 61.5, they will be mirrored on 129 as well or they will be on 110 or 119 instead. Half of their customers cannot get 61.5, they would have millions of customers complaining and switching to D*.

He's just jealous he had to obtain the info the this great site!:D

Thats par for the course tsduke. :)

I am sorry I don't go to that site anymore, I just went over to check it ot and it appears no one else goes there anymore eaither. We have 3,748 online... they have 1,643.

How many times must I fall on my back after Lucy has pulled the football away before I not get my hopes up about kicking that blasted football?

How many times must I fall on my back after Lucy has pulled the football away before I not get my hopes up about kicking that blasted football?

Scott's gonna sneak up from behind like a ninja and pin that broad down and were all gonna kick the sh!t out of that ball.

Right? Right!?

You got a date Wednesday baby! Woooo!

Well just getting USA and Sci-Fi would be nice but man if they added all of those that would be big. Plus that would give them a good start on getting the 25 they mentioned.

If I were a betting man....;)

Thats par for the course tsduke. :)

I am sorry I don't go to that site anymore, I just went over to check it ot and it appears no one else goes there anymore eaither. We have 3,748 online... they have 1,643.

The reason for that is, well you do not have a self imposed moron as a mod on your site that goes by JL.

Also your information is right on and the folks here seems to know what their talking about.

Even thou I have been here a short time, I will more than likely join.:)

It still is winter here in the great white North. Any chance new HD will be added to 110 OTHER than Sci-Fi and USA? That sure would help thaw things out here.:)

You might have to keep your coat on a little while longer.

The reason for that is, well you do not have a self imposed moron as a mod on your site that goes by JL...

That is very true. The way he handles the DISH forum there makes information flow very difficult. But the DirecTV forum there is very good, lots of first hand info there and traffic is much higher for that reason.

The reason I joined the pub here was not that I wanted to hear rumors, I don't get excited about hearing something two days before the next guy unless it is a winning lottery number, I joined to support Scott and his effort, even though at times I may not agree with him, but the difference is he will let you disagree, not like that DISH mod at DBStalk.

Now back to the subject, I have a feeling many of you will be disappointed again not because DISH will not add any new HD's but Charlie faces a dilemma with his $30 HD-Only pack, if he adds too many new HD's in this pack many of DISH's subs will downgrade and DISH will lose a lot of revenue. But if he does not add them in this pack a lot of subs who already have it will be pissed.

The only way is to negotiate lower rates from the new HD's producers so he can afford to sell the HD-Only pack for $30. It is my speculation that is what slowed down the new HD roll out. Of course only my speculation.

I wouldn't be surprised they at least add the SciFiHD and USAHD. But if he manages to add most of the 25 new HD's on his list in that $30 pack it will be a major coup of historical proportion. The odds are again him but he had gone against all odds and won before.

Interesting that USA/SciFi HD happen to turn on 6 months after DIRECTV turned them on... I wonder if DIRECTV had an exclusive....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)