Soon is here for new DISH HD?

So I guess they will take down 2 hd ppv channels so these can take their place.

Hot Damn!!!!:D

I don't think that will be needed for TP17 on 110 since these channels are MPEG4.

My bad. I thought when they were uplinked way back in November. That was where they were going.

As long as we are getting is all I care.:)

Didn't they place TBS hd in a hd ppv spot??

Now back to the subject, I have a feeling many of you will be disappointed again not because DISH will not add any new HD's but Charlie faces a dilemma with his $30 HD-Only pack, if he adds too many new HD's in this pack many of DISH's subs will downgrade and DISH will lose a lot of revenue. But if he does not add them in this pack a lot of subs who already have it will be pissed.

The only way is to negotiate lower rates from the new HD's producers so he can afford to sell the HD-Only pack for $30. It is my speculation that is what slowed down the new HD roll out. Of course only my speculation.

I wouldn't be surprised they at least add the SciFiHD and USAHD. But if he manages to add most of the 25 new HD's on his list in that $30 pack it will be a major coup of historical proportion. The odds are again him but he had gone against all odds and won before.

Assuming they add 25 new HD and add them to the HD only package I would expect a price increase for the package come next February.

Is E* going to light up any locals this Wed, also?? Or is it going to national this time around? Don't get me wrong would love to see USA finnally come alive. But every time new local come on board gives me new hope that I will be getting my locals here in CT "soon". Keep the HD coming Charlie. I will be eating them up!! :hungry: I know we will be happy in the coming months.

Assuming they add 25 new HD and add them to the HD only package I would expect a price increase for the package come next February.

I expect a price increase in next Feb. also.

I do expect the hd only pack to still be there next year.

Is E* going to light up any locals this Wed,
Yes they are but not Connecticut yet.

Connecticut was supposed to be lit up this month, but I am hearing the uplink that will be used to send Connecticut spot beams is not totally done and is behind.

Connecticut is on the radar, so hopefully SOON. :)

According to the other crappy site, Cleveland Locals are launching Wednesday.....Scott mentioned this a few weeks ago, so I *really* hope its true.

I just took a look with Tsreader, and it does appear there is actual video on those channels. In addition it appears there is now audio. Both channels are using anywhere from 6 Mbps to 8Mbps.

I dont believe eaither channel are airing any HD programs at this time (judging by looking at the schedule)

But this is a good sign. :)

Any other TS Reader Gurus may want to check it and correct me if I am wrong. :D I am still very green when it comes to Tsreader.

Can anybody tell if this is the video?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts