Sorry for Switch to Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mine are in the upper 90's and I still get rain fade.

What's rain fade? Depixillation? I'm up here is Seattle (famous for our winter rains) and I haven't seen any problems while it is raining. I'm pretty sure I never saw any with cable either. However, with OTA, I was suffering with it almost daily.

What's rain fade? Depixillation? I'm up here is Seattle (famous for our winter rains) and I haven't seen any problems while it is raining. I'm pretty sure I never saw any with cable either. However, with OTA, I was suffering with it almost daily.
Don't you mean, "famous for our winter drizzle"? :D

I used to live in the PacNW and it did rain pretty much every day, it just never really rained very hard (where I lived we got 80 inches a year - twice that of Seattle). I think the fact that the rain is pretty much light to moderate all of the time, rain fade may not be as much of an issue as it would in a place like the Midwest or South where they get torrential rains with very high cloud decks.

Don't you mean, "famous for our winter drizzle"? :D

I used to live in the PacNW and it did rain pretty much every day, it just never really rained very hard (where I lived we got 80 inches a year - twice that of Seattle). I think the fact that the rain is pretty much light to moderate all of the time, rain fade may not be as much of an issue as it would in a place like the Midwest or South where they get torrential rains with very high cloud decks.

I live in the south, and even in the heavy rains, I do not get rain fade on the OTA channels like he said. Also, very rarely on the sat channels.

I seldom get rain fade and I live, and we get constant complete downpours all the time coming of the gulf of mexico.

Which points me back to what I orginally said. sounds like a bad install and should get call to get someone out there for free if you call within your first 90 days of service.

UPDATE_____________

The biggest problem here is that they sent someone out again., This person told he he was not a tech , the tech for this area was sick. I wasted another 7 hours because he was late by 45 min for the 4 hour time frame , was at my home a couple hours and did not change anything. once again. nothing done. Direct tv case management has had this ticket for more than a week now and refuses to contact me. The CSRs and the CSR supervisor has emailed them and i have waited for the two hour time frame that they will call you back. I called four times and they sent 4 email messages and the CSR admits it appears as they are avoiding me. They have agreed to cancel my service if i want but only to negotiate the early cancelation fee and will nt return the $497 dollars I had to pay them just two montha ago to leas the H-D DVRs and receivers. Sounds like direct Tv is not what they appear to be.

At this point in time the CSR can not schedule for a tech to come out to correct the issue because case management has the ticket and case management will not contact me... Great way to do business. i am learning a very expensive lesson.... BUYER BEWARE . They can NOT provide me what I contracte with them for and will not refund my money and let me go on my way. I should have stayed with Dish,,,, I jsut wanted the NFL sunday ticket. What a mistake

Last edited:
I thought that Carey left directv for news corp. Theres a new interim head at directv.

I've heard that some folks have gotten action by contacting the head of customer service, ellen filipiak, but I've got no first hand experience.

Years ago I ran IT for a big company. During a management review one of the VP's declared that we should work towards having uptime "like a utility". Interest piqued, I dug up the average downtime for the local electric and phone customers and discovered we were already way better than the utilities.

My only failing was not tucking that info in my pocket and asking for 80 million to run programs to improve our uptime.

I thought that Carey left directv for news corp. Theres a new interim head at directv.

I've heard that some folks have gotten action by contacting the head of customer service, ellen filipiak, but I've got no first hand experience.

I haven't tried the ellen e-mail, b ut have used this one and it has helped me in the past. I am not sure if it is still good now since Carey left, but it should work for a little while longer. The e-mail just gets forwarded to the department of customer relations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts