Sorry for the interruption of service. 2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ZacharyAllenReynolds

Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Moundsville, WV
WOUC says: "Sorry for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us. We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible." It has been like this for days. Why?

Attachments

• image-1805094315.jpg
    image-1805094315.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 927
Is that the market they pulled some locals?

WOUC says: "Sorry for the interruption of service. There is no need to call us. We are aware that this TV station is temporarily unavailable and we will have this channel back as quickly as possible." It has been like this for days. Why?

Are you in WV as your location says?? If so, aren't there still power issues there in some areas due to the recent storms??

WOUC is in Zanesville, Ohio. It is a university run station. I bet there is your answer...

That's a generic message.

Exactly, it is displayed by the rec itself whenever there is an issue the local channels
If it on all your locals, it could be a problem with your system.
If it is only the 1 channel, it is a problem with that channels feed

I'd bet $$ it's a signal issue with the dish alignment. Figure out what satellite your locals on & then the transponder. You might be surprised as to what you find regarding signal.

This channel is not currently on our known issue list, and was not part of any takedown. Have you tried unplugging your receiver for 15 seconds to reset it? Please send me a PM with your phone number so that I can assist you further.

stardust3 said:
I'd bet $$ it's a signal issue with the dish alignment. Figure out what satellite your locals on & then the transponder. You might be surprised as to what you find regarding signal.

You are absolutely correct. This message is because of a signal issue 90% of the time. To find out what orbital and transponder, tune to that channel wait 10 seconds and hit menu-6-1-1. The satellite and transponder listed is the one its currently looking at for the channel. If you have HD and SD locals, you should still be able to watch the SD version. You may have to do menu-8-1 and set the guide to show both SD and HD versions. That should get you watching until the dish can be realigned and/or remounted more securely.

Does that station even have power right now? Have you checked OTA to see if is available? Zanesville got crushed last Friday by the storm that tore through, Cambridge was pretty much flattened......my first intuition and guess is tha tte stateion is out of powe.

WOUB/WOUC are broadcast from distant places from the POP, in Athens and Cambridge, respectivly. They provide their signals to DISH and DirecTV via a dedicated line. Esentually its a glorified version of Skype. It breaks down a lot. It is not DISH's responsibility to fix it, it is Ohio U's, and its summer vacation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)