Sort recorded programs? and other things

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I was wondering if it was possible to sort my recorded programs by name on my SA 8300HD, rather than by date recorded. Mine runs Passport.

Also, I setup a list of 127 "skipped channels" in the DVR settings, but those skipped channels still show up in the Guide list. Any idea how to remove channels from the Guide that I do not receive on Passport?

Thanks,
Ted

To the very best of my knowledge, you can not sort the program list and you can't remove channels from the guide. I'm over here in Raleigh, so we're using the same gear and system. Anyone else know something different?

OK, how about this one?

Is there a way to tell how much disk space I have used or have left?

Thanks,
Ted

I forget exactly which one but if you go into b or c it tells you how many programs you have recorded and the amount of hard drive that was used

There is no direct way to get the information that you seek. Because programs are kept, by default, until you run out of space, the only signal you get will be that programs at the bottom of the list will begin to be noted with how long they are (estimated) to have left before being overwritten. However, if you'd like to see the amount of physical hard drive space, go to channel 999. scroll down to "DVR AVFS" and you'll see AV Capacity, Used Space, and Free Space. I have approx 33% of my HD left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts