Sound Dropouts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's the scoop - audio dropouts occur when you have Dolby Digital activated and run HDMI to your TV and in turn, run sound from your TV to your receiver. The sound will drop out on both TV and receiver. If you either turn off Dolby Digital or run sound directly from D* receiver to your audio receiver, you will not get audio dropouts. Over and out...

Not entirely true. My sound runs directly to my receiver, and I had plenty of issues. (They stopped).

I'm curious as to the wiring others are running and getting sound drop outs on DD only. I have a coax from D receiver to Integra receiver (switched from optical) and HDMI from D receiver to TV. Does anyone get these audio dropouts when using component wiring?

Jeff

I hooked up my old Onkyo 747 receiver today and there were no audio dropouts via that receiver. Hooked the Integra back up and dropouts galore! I tested the usual suspect channels like Fox News HD and CNN HD and Palladia. So looks like a new receiver!

Jeff

I've had zero dropouts today. i don't get it. and i have a very recent high quality a/v receiver.

I saw a thread in the Dish forums about audio drop outs and it made me think of us.

I've not notice any sound dropouts for quite awhile now. What about anybody else?

Could they have gotten it fixed?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts