Sound Dropouts?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
i just moved from dish, had a 722, and was not getting these audio dropouts. it's irritating and i don't accept switching off dd 5.1 as a solution. c'mon direct, get it in gear! btw, i have a denon receiver.

weird indeed as I have just yesterday decommisioned my old Sony AV receiver and installed a new Yamaha RX-V667 and no more dropouts so far.

I have been saying that with my vastly updated A/V unit but no one wants to believe me... Glad you are experiencing the same results! :)

I have been saying that with my vastly updated A/V unit but no one wants to believe me... Glad you are experiencing the same results! :)

I'll let you all know Saturday 11/20/10 if this works. I just ordered the Onkyo TX-NR708 to replace my TX-SR805. The SR805 has always been slow to lock in. Even with BluRay I miss a couple of seconds of sound when it switches from DD to DTS-HD (for example).

My H21 received a software update on Nov. 16. Now when the sound drops out, the picture freezes too. Seems to me the problem is getting worse instead of better.

Got the NR708 hooked up. No dropouts this weekend. I think it's still D* problem. But the newer receiver is able to make the change faster than my old SR805. I don't miss a little bit of the sound on Blu-Ray when it changes from DD to DTS-HD like I was with the the SR805.

I'll keep you informed.

I did a reboot on my receivers and haven't noticed a sound dropout for a few days now. It might be that the last software update that I got really did fix the problem. I will watch for a few more days and let you know if they have really gone away.

I'll let you all know Saturday 11/20/10 if this works. I just ordered the Onkyo TX-NR708 to replace my TX-SR805. The SR805 has always been slow to lock in. Even with BluRay I miss a couple of seconds of sound when it switches from DD to DTS-HD (for example).

Okay, It's been over a week since I got the new AV Receiver. The dropouts are still there. Just not as bad. With my old SR805 I would lose 2-4 words. With the NR708, it's less than half a second. So I don't miss anything. So it is definitely D*'s problem.

I started having audio drop-outs again this past weekend with Showtime HD. :confused:

Doesn't make sense, at least they seem to have fixed the KPRC-2 NBC HD feed from Houston since my last post in this thread......
Haven't noticed it on History HD or Encore East HD since my last post either.

Just had my install this am and did the whole setup thing. I turned the DD on and the dropouts are still there that I had with Dish. At first there were none but my Integra receiver was on All Channel Stereo. Once I turned the DD on in the D receiver the nightmare began all over again.

Jeff

Things get weirder
I went to a buddy's house who is using a H21-100 going to his A/V receiver with a digital coaxial cable, he has had no drop-outs at all in DD mode.... I forgot the brand of his A/V unit.

There has to be something else going on here, some ppl replace their A/V receiver and it fixes it.... some have no problems at all, while others do.
I'm not an A/V expert, but do know that I've tried digital optical, digital coaxial, and HDMI, all with the same results.

I'm a DISH sub so I hope I'm not breaching protocol by posting in this forum BUT...when I went to HD for the first time and a 722 two years ago I started getting the audio dropouts as well. I called a number of times about it but the CSRs denied any knowledge of the problem and wanted to blame (a) my TV (b) my surround sound which I don't have or (c) the install. Finally about two months ago I got through to a senior technician @ HQ. He said it might be a defected audio card. He sent a tech out to replace my unit with a 722K. No fix. Audio dropouts are the same as before. It's interesting that at least D* acknowledges the issue.

I've had audio drops since I've had my HR20-700. Sometimes they are so often that you get lost concerning the program plot. Seems to be worse when viewing OTA channels through the DVR, although it happens with D* channels as well. Sucks.

I'm a DISH sub so I hope I'm not breaching protocol by posting in this forum BUT...when I went to HD for the first time and a 722 two years ago I started getting the audio dropouts as well. I called a number of times about it but the CSRs denied any knowledge of the problem and wanted to blame (a) my TV (b) my surround sound which I don't have or (c) the install. Finally about two months ago I got through to a senior technician @ HQ. He said it might be a defected audio card. He sent a tech out to replace my unit with a 722K. No fix. Audio dropouts are the same as before. It's interesting that at least D* acknowledges the issue.

Before I bought a Blu Ray player with 7 channel outputs to take advantage of DTS Master and Dolby True I had my 1st Blu Ray player hooked up the same as my dish receiver and no audio dropouts from the Blu Ray player. Put on the dish receiver and put on a HD channel with DD sound and dropouts galore. Was going to blame my receiver but that couldn't be it. Not sure why we are getting these dropouts, something is not connecting in the system somewhere.

Jeff

S.S. here, seems like it has got better, tests also show I have alignment problem, nothing has changed since it started, as well as I can tell the dish is still correctly set up, no trees-etc. hoping the update will help, have heard some bad about the HR22/100, running 0x40e software. Sometimes it is as slow as
a one legged dog with the remote. Only low test is on 99*(s) 27-65-0-95-0-44-n/a-n/a

When I first signed up with Directv I had a ton of drop outs especially on certian channels. I am afraid to say that my dropouts have for the most part gone away for fear that the HT gods will bring them back for taunting them. But I have not noticed any dropouts in the last couple of weeks.

I notice the dropouts when I have my amp on with the hr24 in Dolby digital.in normal stereo it doesn't happen.this has always been an issue even with my hr20 and my previous amp.so its definitely a D issue .

Here's the scoop - audio dropouts occur when you have Dolby Digital activated and run HDMI to your TV and in turn, run sound from your TV to your receiver. The sound will drop out on both TV and receiver. If you either turn off Dolby Digital or run sound directly from D* receiver to your audio receiver, you will not get audio dropouts. Over and out...

Here's the scoop - audio dropouts occur when you have Dolby Digital activated and run HDMI to your TV and in turn, run sound from your TV to your receiver. The sound will drop out on both TV and receiver. If you either turn off Dolby Digital or run sound directly from D* receiver to your audio receiver, you will not get audio dropouts. Over and out...
That's how I have mine setup and still get the dropouts. With my old Onkyo TX-SR805 it was dropping out for 1-4 words before the sound came back. DD resync? With my new Onkyo TX-NR708 the dropouts are still there but it for only like 1/10th of a second. I notice it but I don't lose whole words. I assume it has a faster processor in it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)