sound to stereo from tv and dvd

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

catwoman

Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
missouri
I have Direct TV and an old RCA 100 xl with a dvd/vcr combo set. Yesterday I switched et centers and rehooked everything thinking I had it right. Today I have two problems: out of focus picture on satellite but not dvd movies and I can only get sound to stereo from EITHER the tv OR the dvd. I cannot figure out how to get both to work. If I hook one to the stereo (OLD) speakers I get just that. At one point in switching them I even had both coming through - a movie and the television which was on dvd. There aren't many holes in the speaker component so how do I attach both? Could someone run through as if I were hooking EVERYTHING up for the first time? Satellite receiver to tv, add dvd then both to speakers? That would be great! My tv has only an antenna out hole on the back. No red or white holes at all.

Not knowing exactly what input and outputs are on all of your components it would be a bit hard to tell you how to connect everything together.

I suggest that you sit down and list all pieces of equipment with their respective inputs and outputs. Then knowing what each do, diagram the connections. This diagram will help in the future if you ever change anything.

But try this. Connect DVD/VCR combo using the RF out to the RF in on the DirecTV receiver (if it has one). Then the RF out on the DirecTV receiver connects to the TV. Make sure you tune the TV to the output channel of the DirecTV receiver (either 3 or 4). With the DirecTV receiver off, the DVD/VCR unit's output is passed thru to the TV. If I assumed correctly that is.

But, then I don't know exactly what you have.:D

If you only have one input in your stereo, then you can only hook one into your stereo, I would pick dvd, then if you want to listen to D* on your stereo, turn on your VCR/DVD player. Now if you have two free audio inputs on your stereo, then put them both in and switch back and forth, make sure red goes to red, and white goes to white.

Take the Satellite out coax and put into the VCR/DVD combo, then you could record shows on your VCR, then take the coax from VCR/DVD player into the T.V. input.

Keep the T.V. on whatever input channel you have(3 or 4) and the same with your VCR/DVD player. Then you just use the D* remote to change stations.

I don't know if this will work without seeing your system, but it might be a start.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts