Sous Vide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My batch will be done in about an hour.

1.5 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes
3/4 Cup full fat old tyme buttermilk w/butter flakes
4 TB unsalted butter
salt
1/4 t fresh ground black pepper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dfergie
After the 90 minutes, we decided those potato strings were still crunchy and gave it another hour. Then yet another hour. If still crunchy at that end, in another half hour, we will pull it anyway. Maybe grind it up

I like it as is. SWMBO wants softer.

BTW, we are also cooking SV split lentil and ham soup. Added an hour plus there, too.

Did you grind them? Or maybe you grated them fine. I grated coarse.

The potatoes and soup are wonderful.

So we’re looking at maybe sous vide rabbit, but traditional cooking for the goose (Russian recipe).

I must emphasize, sous vide yogurt is the best! And nice and thick!

We’ve bought ultra cheap turkeys (37c/lb) and put them in a deep freezer a relative gave us. Next year, we will thaw and dismember one to sous vide the pieces.

BTW, we haven’t found plain turkeys. All of them are injected, pre-basted, whatever you want to call it.

When this diet ends ( 6-9 months :( )I’ll make those egg bites again. AKA sluts. Really.

Made egg bites this morning for this weeks 4:30 am breakfasts.
8 oz mason jars sprayed with cooking spray.
6 large eggs blended slightly with 2 hatch green chiles.
Half slice of bacon cut in half for each cooked with sliced mushrooms and diced bell pepper.
Ground fresh black pepper, lite salt and crushed red pepper for seasoning.
Diced up pre-cooked Baby Dutch potatoes and grated cheddar cheese along with 1 slice of butter quartered up into each jar.
Will know how it came out in morning...

Nice. Can’t have- not on my diet.

I lost 2.5 lbs first week, 4 lbs second. So maybe in a couple weeks.

I am now a member of the sous vide army. I got a setup for Christmas including the water tub and fitted silicone lid. So far we have made incredibly tender ribeye steaks as well as salmon filets. Looking forward to keeping an eye on this thread to get some more ideas to try! I will have to try those potatoes for sure.

Try carrots. Even if you don’t like carrots.

YT “Sous Vide Everything.”

I do not recommend doing eggs SV.

I think I’ll go buy a cheap cut of meat and SC “steak” tonight. Chuck, maybe? Round? Suggestions?