Sous Vide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I’ve never heard of “Angus Choice” Picanha. Maybe just local?
It comes from Angus cows and is USDA Choice:

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 7.07.22 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: navychop
IMG_0215.jpeg

I purchased this over the weekend and cooked it last night. I don't have a sous vide so I baked it in the oven at 390° for 70 minutes to 140° internal. It is everything navychop said it might be, delicious and tender. I used a recipe that called for kosher salt only. I might change that to kosher salt, pepper, and granulated garlic next time (and there will definitely be a next time.) :)

I don’t think I’ve ever done bacon or sausage Sous Vide. How does that compare to a frying pan?

I would really like to play with sous-vide but... I like rare to medium rare. Mrs Bobby is more medium to medium well. I would have to have two setups.

Just out one in a few minutes after the other.

Anyway, chicken and pork are generally done to the same doneness.

I would really like to play with sous-vide but... I like rare to medium rare. Mrs Bobby is more medium to medium well. I would have to have two setups.

I have two for that reason. You could also pull the rarer package and turn up the heat for a bit to cook more.

That’s what I often do- but I’ll try your bacon grease idea. I also use a searzall torch once in a while, or smoker to blast furnace, especially for rib racks or other oversize items.