Sous Vide

I’ve never heard of “Angus Choice” Picanha. Maybe just local?
It comes from Angus cows and is USDA Choice:

Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 7.07.22 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: navychop
IMG_0215.jpeg

I purchased this over the weekend and cooked it last night. I don't have a sous vide so I baked it in the oven at 390° for 70 minutes to 140° internal. It is everything navychop said it might be, delicious and tender. I used a recipe that called for kosher salt only. I might change that to kosher salt, pepper, and granulated garlic next time (and there will definitely be a next time.) :)

I don’t think I’ve ever done bacon or sausage Sous Vide. How does that compare to a frying pan?

I would really like to play with sous-vide but... I like rare to medium rare. Mrs Bobby is more medium to medium well. I would have to have two setups.

Just out one in a few minutes after the other.

Anyway, chicken and pork are generally done to the same doneness.

I would really like to play with sous-vide but... I like rare to medium rare. Mrs Bobby is more medium to medium well. I would have to have two setups.

I have two for that reason. You could also pull the rarer package and turn up the heat for a bit to cook more.

That’s what I often do- but I’ll try your bacon grease idea. I also use a searzall torch once in a while, or smoker to blast furnace, especially for rib racks or other oversize items.