South Florida Ch 10

VinceT3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
Rainsalot Florida
I sent them an email since it's been a few weeks and Jepordy and Wheel were still streched SD.

I got 2 emails back from them. The first was the ogligatory we'll have it in 2007. The second was from the Assistant Cheif Engineer who explains that Jepordy & Wheel are pre-recorded and reboardcast at a later time unlike their normal feeds which are rebroadcasted immediately (no recording).

He explained that the equipment they used only records in SD. The decision from J&W to go to HD was made after their original budget. So they didn't have the funds to purchase the equipment at this time, but they will be getting it in 2007.

First if you're not getting these in HD you maybe in the same boat. Second I wonder if this means rebroadcasts of other shows will be in HD if available?

Local Ten is notorious for having ALL kinds of trouble with HD transmissions. Sometimes, it was MNF last year....though the transmission were in HD...they would come with the 4:3 screen with the CH. 10 stuff on the sides.

Here's the content of the email:

First of all, I want to thank you for watching Local 10 and for "taking the plunge" and investing in HD. I'm sure you generally agree that HD viewing is by far a superior experience. That being said, at this point, Local 10 does not originate any true HD programming from our South Florida studios. We receive Wheel and Jeopardy in advance of air, record it and then play it back for air. Currently, we do not have any way to record HD feeds (our ABC HD fare is actually "passed through" our facility in real time and sent on to our transmitter). The decision from the distributor to provide Wheel and Jeopardy in HD was a relatively last minute decision on their part, and came way too late in our budget cycle to be able to undertake, unplanned, for 2006. However, we badly want to do this project and it is tentatively planned for early 2007. Wish I could give you a better date, but that's the best I can do right now.

So hang in there, HD for Wheel and Jeopardy, as well as other syndicated shows, will be coming relatively soon. We realize that while we've come a long way with HDTV, we still have a long way to go. I think that you will notice incremental improvements by all broadcasters as time goes on. Please understand, that while these upgrades are very expensive, we remain committed to providing you with the best HD experience possible.

Thanks again for watching Local 10!

Try 9 in Orlando

I don't know where you are in FL, but channel 9 in Orlando is broadcasting the 2 in HD. I am in Clermont, and can get both channels. My dad is in Brooksville, and he can get both channels as well.

9 is on UHF 39 I believe.

Just wanted you to know that the HD signal is out there!! Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)