Southern Connecticut Cablevision now has WFSB-HD on 701

beachrider

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Milford, CT
Cablevision has finally plugged one of my pet peeves. We now have Hartford Channel 3 in HD. We had previously only-had NYC Channel 2 for CBS. This is good because NFL-AFC Football is on CBS. More times than I like to recall, I ended up watching the standard-def Ch-3 to see the Patriots play. Ch-2 always chooses the Jets over the Pats.

Good news for us Pats fans...

...Now if only the NFL lockout gets resolved...

It's not just WFSB, CV now has all the CT stations in HD except for WTXX (CW). When they added WFSB they also added WTNH (ABC). In late January they added CPTV (PBS), WVIT (NBC), WCTX (MY) and WTIC (FOX). While the CT Fox station always shows the Giants, they can show a game while the Jets are playing at home on CBS, unlike WNYW.

The other really nice thing is that CV has cleaned up its QAM lineup, too. Most QAM tuners will assign 2-1 to WCBS-HD, 3-1 to WFSB-HD, etc. This could basically obliterate the need to have an outside antenna. AFAIK, their price for these channels is 'Broadcast Basic' for $15.52. It doesn't matter how many TVs you have in the house with Broadcast Basic.

You still have to figure out what to do about NICK, ESPN and the rest if you drop down to Broadcast Basic...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts