Southern satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
What is the southern most satellite that a dsr 922 can receive on c-band need to know for peaking my dish so far looks like W3.

Southern satellite

yes as far as I can tell this is it. I can not tune this sat in can you

You should be able to tune W3 unless you have something blocking the dish i need to find out if there is a satellite higher than that on cband for tuning purpose.

What is your Longitude? Look for the Satellite closest to it. W 3 is at 87.0w and it has an analog channel. If it's close to 79.0w, that's AMC 5 , there are some DCII channels on it, on the ku side. Sometimes you see analog channels on IA 8 (formerly T 4) @ 89.0w. There are some DCII channels on GB/G11/G18 @ 91.0w. Anything else in the neighborhood would be hit & miss for any analog? Good Luck!

correction, I had AMC 6, it's AMC 5.....

Last edited:
Southern satellite

What is your Longitude? Look for the Satellite closest to it. W 3 is at 87.0w and it has an analog channel. If it's close to 79.0w, that's AMC 6, there are some DCII channels on it, on the ku side. Sometimes you see analog channels on IA 8 (formerly T 4) @ 89.0w. There are some DCII channels on GB/G11/G18 @ 91.0w. Anything else in the neighborhood would be hit & miss for any analog? Good Luck!

Hi, i live in central pennslyvania and it looks like my longitude is 76 degrees,but i my ku-band lnb is bad so i need to use c-band for the tuning i tried messing with it before but couldn't find anything past W3 so as far as c-band goes it looks to be the highest for where i live, unless you know of one higher on c-band.

That's going to be tough, there are some DVB channels on AMC 6 @ 72.0w, but you'll need a DVB compliant receiver to get them. Looks like W 3 is your best option?

And, sorry I errored saying AMC 6 @ 79.0w in my previous post, that's AMC 5.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)