Space Shuttle Discovery STS-124 Launch

Yes, it was HD... I set a timer for the last 24 minutes and missed part of a Mars lander segment, so give it at least :30 minutes...
I recorded the repeat and the first half consists of a segment on the Shuttle Launch, which is entirely footage that was contained in the one-hour HD-Net program during the live launch (interviews, etc) and a segment on the Phoenix Lander, which is entirely old news (it landed safely) narrated by Dobbs. :(

The Day in the Life on ISS was very good - entirely HD, totally non-technical, a lot of fun stuff - and narrated by the astronaut. :up

It is repeated Friday at 7pm EDT.

That green line has been there for years. But recently it started blinking. Very annoying! :(

thebrit

In England we can see the Nasa coverage on APTN at 10deg East on 10970V 4167sr 5/6 or 12.5 West but freq is not known until the feed comes on.Unfortunately the only coverage on british tv is sometimes a small mention on the News programs. I have followed all of American launches and space activity since day one via short wave radio and now via satellite feeds.Also when the shuttle approaches Europe I listen on 259.7Mhz to the voice comms. It would be great to see a live launch on HD, you are so lucky .:)

In England we can see the Nasa coverage on APTN at 10deg East on 10970V 4167sr 5/6 or 12.5 West but freq is not known until the feed comes on.Unfortunately the only coverage on british tv is sometimes a small mention on the News programs. I have followed all of American launches and space activity since day one via short wave radio and now via satellite feeds.Also when the shuttle approaches Europe I listen on 259.7Mhz to the voice comms. It would be great to see a live launch on HD, you are so lucky .:)

Not HD, but you can watch NASA TV 24 hours a day - and pick from 3 different channels - by simply going to:

NASA - NASA TV

The Gamma-Ray Large Area Space Telescope launch live on HDNet at 11:30 am today...

It was launched at 12:05pm , and HD-Net stayed on coverage until 12:10pm, but the Guide listing event ended at 12:00pm.

If you are at home, it is still in the tuner buffer until the end of the hour (or if you padded the event by 10 minutes, you're okay).

The toilet's fixed. :)

Tomorrow, they're putting some cameras outside the new module they just added. Wonder if they'll be HD cameras?

Nope.

So, it is actually warm enough in the ISS to require shorts ?? :D

Yes...they do have the ability to control the temperature, mostly it's in the mid 70's. Shorts are easier to maneuver in and more comfortable.

Not HD, but you can watch NASA TV 24 hours a day - and pick from 3 different channels - by simply going to:

NASA - NASA TV

Even better:

NASA TV

1200 kbps.

Well, all looks good for the first landing opportunity around 11:15 AM ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)