Spaceway 2 Launch thread - It's up!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LonghornXP said:
The second reason is what not all the games are on at the sametime.
In theory, no, but in practice if the 1:00pm games run long, then they need to able to start the 4:00pm games also.

Latest Mission Update from Arianespace:
=========================================================
http://www.arianespace.com/site/news/news_sub_missionupdate_index.html

The go-ahead is given for Arianespace's heavy-lift Ariane 5 mission

The upcoming Ariane 5 heavy-lift mission was given its go-ahead for a Saturday liftoff following the launch readiness review held today at Europe's Spaceport in French Guiana.

This review is regular milestone for all Arianespace mission campaigns, and it validated the launch readiness of the Ariane 5 ECA, its dual-satellite payload of Spaceway 2 and Telkom 2, as well as the Spaceport's launch infrastructure and the down-range tracking stations.

Liftoff of the Ariane 5 is set for a 45-minute launch window that opens at 8:45 p.m. (local time at the Spaceport) on November 12. (23h45 GMT; 7:45 p.m. in Washington, D.C.; and 00:45 a.m. on November 13 in Paris, France).

The mission's Boeing-built Spaceway 2 payload will be used by DIRECTV to bring local high-definition programming to most of the U.S. population, as well as expand its standard-definition local offerings. The Telkom 2 satellite carried by Ariane 5 is an Orbital Sciences Corporation STAR 2 spacecraft platform, and it will enable Indonesia's PT Telkom to expand its satellite communications coverage area into the ASEAN region and the Indian subcontinent.

When I visited Arianespace's page, it says time of launch window in Wash.D.C. is
7:45 PM, yet when I run a time conversion program, it says 6:45 PM. Am I in error,
or have they forgotten DST is over? I would not like being late!

From SpaceflightNow.com:

2055 GMT (3:55 p.m. EST)

There may be technical problems that are forcing a scrub of today's countdown. We're awaiting official word from Arianespace.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the broadcast might be on 399. It says upcoming Private Network Broadcast and it starts at 5:15pm. Hope I'm not sending everyone on a wild goose chase but I'm watching it now and hoping that it's the launch.

I think it's 399

hancox said:
So, if they get rid of NFL ST HD on MPEG 2 after January, thus freeing up bandwidth, this means nothing to you?

No. They got rid of ST HD last year in January and we got dick then for National HD.

why don' they have nasa launch this thing instead of whoever is launching it now? Not even NASA could screw up this many times trying to launch a dish!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)