Spammed by Dish-on-Demand

whatchel1 said:
That is something that a kid would order, you have any or does your neighbor have any? I would advise you to change the address on your remote. That wasn't auto-dnld by E*.

My receiver is password protected and I am the only person who knows the password.

What kind of hook up do you have? May have a neighbor that is using a RF remote and your tv 2 RF remote us the same address. In that case they could be ordering these programs and your receiver is also being controlled and downloading them as well. I'd one change your remote address.
......and how do you change your remote address? :confused:

To change the remote address (which I don't believe will solve this):

-Press system info on the front of the receiver
-On the remote, press and hold "SAT" until all the lights at the top of the remote are lit (SAT will be flashing when you release it)
-While SAT is flashing, press any number 1-16 on the remote (make sure it's different than what's currently listed on the system info page)
-Press # (SAT flashes 3 times, confirming a good code)
-Press record 3 times
-The remote address (primary or secondary) should now show the remote address as whatever number you pressed on the keypad

What kind of hook up do you have? May have a neighbor that is using a RF remote and your tv 2 RF remote us the same address. In that case they could be ordering these programs and your receiver is also being controlled and downloading them as well. I'd one change your remote address.
Um, no.

After ignoring VOD for too long, I finally hooked up a wireless bridge to my 622 yesterday, started to download Hot Tub Time Machine, took a look in My Rentals - and there was Spongebob. This is not a pack of rogue schoolchildren roaming the streets ordering stuff on my DVR, this is Dish wasting my bandwidth.

Thanks

I haven't received a response, but will get back to you guys as soon as I hear something
My old 722 gave up the ghost (and you helped with its replacement...thank you) and the refurbed 722 would do the same thing as reported in this thread. Every weekday I would see Spongebob and some other kid's show DL'd on the DOD. I just deleted them...but since the "new" receiver also had audio noise through the RF modulator, I swapped once again. The new 722 started DL'ing iCarly but since it was otherwise perfect, I let it go.

It has seemed to have stopped and I noticed that I now have L677. I don't know if that is when it quit doing it, but it has been about a week since my last phantom DL.

same here and still getting spongebob and icarly
Since it happened after I had received a refurbished 722, I thought it was some residual junk that wasn't cleaned out of the hard drive. When my second refurb did the same thing, I figured it was something else. I checked just a few minutes ago and still clean. I will check tomorrow morning as well (it appeared to me that it never happened on weekends) and if it is OK, I will pronounce it cure and give L677 all the credit. :D

(maybe it was some beta testing of the upcoming Blockbuster streaming...?)

Since it happened after I had received a refurbished 722, I thought it was some residual junk that wasn't cleaned out of the hard drive. When my second refurb did the same thing, I figured it was something else. I checked just a few minutes ago and still clean. I will check tomorrow morning as well (it appeared to me that it never happened on weekends) and if it is OK, I will pronounce it cure and give L677 all the credit. :D

(maybe it was some beta testing of the upcoming Blockbuster streaming...?)

ok

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)