Spaun Multiswitches

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guapoharry

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
32ºN 111ºW
Picked up some Spaun multiswitches. I am trying to figure out how to use them.

Not sure what to do with the attached settings...

What is SMATV-LNB?

Which of these settings corresponds with the ones for say... a 4X8 multiswitch as in Anole's thread?

I have a hunch, but don't want to spoil it...

Attachments

• spaun inputs.jpg
    spaun inputs.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 186
It would help to know the model.
A link to the site with the info on the unit ya got would be nice.
Then, I'm sure the correct mode will be obvious.

I think whichever mode looks like what we have in North America will be it.
The Euro community has exotic modes to handle both high and low Ku that we just don't have to deal with here.

I assume you a 5x?? switch. 4 sat inputs and one terestrail

ignore the terr input for now. lets assume inputs on the top are labeled 1 to 4 ok

12V sends 12v to inputs 1-4 regardless of the voltage sent to the outputs by the irds.

18V sends 12v to inputs 1 and 3 and 18v to inputs 2 and 4. this is ie normal multiswitch mode

22khz sends
12v 22khz off to input 1
18v 22khz off to input 2
12v 22khz on to input 3
18v 22khz on to input 4

this would be used for a quad output universal lnb

SMAT > satellite master antenna system > really just a head end distrubution system > an advantage for multi tenancies as it is a plug and play for users

A SMTV LNB has fixed outputs eg. Invacom quattro QTF 031 and needs a multiswitch. Easily confused with the identical looking invacom quad QDF 031.

Like many european installers I remember putting a quattro on a single dish installation by mistake only once :eek:

Good replies. Thanks, all.

I might be interested in hanging a Universal dual or two off of one of these. Why not? I got some cheap when Sadoun had eBay auctions, not just BIN.

The model is SMS 5802 NF. I also picked up a 12 output version of the same series.

Didn't know the difference between quad and quattro. Been reading about this stuff for years and still learning...:)

Is quattro a Universal with four fixed outputs? V-Lo, V-Hi, H-Lo, H-Hi? Or, what?

Given their freq. range, I was wondering if these switches would be good for stacked LNBs. But from the Naughty Mod Threads, I keep hearing how stacked LNBs like 18v

For terrestrial, could you use garden variety diplexers on the outputs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts