Special Deal: GEOSATpro microHD - Product Release Special 6/20 - 6/30/2012

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Stargaze is somewhat correct as to a brief period of availability.
I discovered about 3pm PT on Tuesday, June 19th that the "add to cart" button was active. I thought ok instead of waiting for the bulk shipment with free shipping, I might spring $30 for two day service shipped from the sample stock you had on hand.
I placed the order on the web page and received an e-mail conformation 3:03 PT

Thank you for shopping with -Satellite AV, LLC!

Your order has been processed and you may be contacted within the next 24 to 48 hours to discuss shipping options.
Orders placed before 1:00PM PST will be proccessed within the same day. Please allow all orders placed after 1:00PM PST one additional business day for processing.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at 888-483-4673.

This is what I have been trying to say.
and yes that is what it said...
There was at the time I ordered no other notice up showing a delay.

I did not go back the next day to the web page as there was no need to.... (as I thought everything was fine)...

I also had an email telling me that I would be contacted within 24 to 48 hours to discuss shipping options.
**That never occurred**

Not until I asked the question in the thread earlier (after I had not heard from them as the email said I would) and Ice gave that response did I go back and see that there was a change made to the web site from what I saw on it when I placed my order.

A simple email to those who ordered would have cleared up any misunderstanding.

SatelliteAV, I am not complaining really, just pointing out what was going on.
and yes sadly today it is getting more and more difficult to know who can be trusted and who not to trust.
Especially if you had not dealt with them before, there is no history to go by.

The intent of the Canadian offer is to cover reasonable shipping cost in the majority of suburban areas. Rural area shipping in some areas of Canada is simply insane!

If you order two units, we will discount $40CA. You will be responsible for shipping charges, which will be quoted at the time you order and is based on the delivery postal code.

Talked to Megan, Canadian Paypal not accepted.

Tried order two units online using credit card. On checkout, I don't see $40CA discount, only $29.00? Also, shipping option is FedFx which has a history of being notorious to 'dink' Canadian with additional 'admin' fees later.

Any assurance that the unit is really being shipped from a Canadian distributor where I will not be potentially subjected to this FedFx's admin fee down the road?

Sub-Total:$250.00
Shipping:
Tax @ 13.0 %$32.50
money.png
NEWMICRO
-$29.00
Total:$253.50
[h=3]Promotional Code[/h] `

On checkout, I don't see $40CA discount, only $29.00? Also, shipping option is FedFx which has a history of being notorious to 'dink' Canadian with additional 'admin' fees later.

Any assurance that the unit is really being shipped from a Canadian distributor where I will not be potentially subjected to this FedFx's admin fee down the road?

The $40 CA discount is available only by calling Satellite AV directly and placing an order. See the first post. You must call before 4pm PDT June 29th. Brian said a few posts ago they'll ship USPS so perhaps when you call you can request that. FedEx and UPS use customs brokers so they always end up being more expensive. The price of shipping is dependent on your postal code but if they'll do USPS, judging by the price tool on USPS's page it shouldn't be too exorbitant.

Last edited:
Talked to Megan, Canadian Paypal not accepted.

Tried order two units online using credit card. On checkout, I don't see $40CA discount, only $29.00? Also, shipping option is FedFx which has a history of being notorious to 'dink' Canadian with additional 'admin' fees later.

Sub-Total:$250.00
Shipping:
Tax @ 13.0 %$32.50
money.png
NEWMICRO
-$29.00
Total:$253.50
[h=3]Promotional Code[/h] `

If the product is shipped from Canada, we are unable to accept PayPal. If shipped from the US we can accept Paypal.

As we stated in post #1........ We are asking our good Canadian friends to call us by telephone to order. The Canadian variables and Promo Codes cannot be made available on the websites. The microHD is not available for Canadian purchase on our website.

For Canada orders you receive a $20 dollar discount for shipping and as offered initially, THESE ORDER CANNOT BE ACCEPTED ON THE WEBSITE! You are showing a US shopping cart which will not accept Canadian orders....

I also had an email telling me that I would be contacted within 24 to 48 hours to discuss shipping options.
**That never occurred**

Doesn't that say that you MAY be contacted? Wrote it myself, so surprised if it reads differently:rolleyes:

If the product is shipped from Canada, we are unable to accept PayPal. If shipped from the US we can accept Paypal.

As we stated in post #1........ We are asking our good Canadian friends to call us by telephone to order. The Canadian variables and Promo Codes cannot be made available on the websites. The microHD is not available for Canadian purchase on our website.

For Canada orders you receive a $20 dollar discount for shipping and as offered initially, THESE ORDER CANNOT BE ACCEPTED ON THE WEBSITE! You are showing a US shopping cart which will not accept Canadian orders....

Thank you!

All good, just ordered two units over the phone...

sales said today that they received confirmation on my paypal payment. and the nice gal said i would get an email with shipping info when it is shipped. hoo ray. thanks, i am excited. charlie

I'm looking forward to mid July when my new toy arrives... :)
Sales person was very knowledgeable and friendly on the phone. Only issue might be my address... since in my rural area we have no physical address (3rd class citizens etc..) I will likely get a call from the distribution office in Winnipeg where I will pick it up (2 hr drive there & back).

We used to get UPS, FedEx, and Purolator deliveries but since they all changed to more computer based systems a few years ago that suddenly stopped. Suppose they didn't like their drivers getting bad directions and getting lost.
-C.

well i waited til the last minuted to decide but it must have been too late to use the promo code cause i got this "Validation, code is expired or order does not qualify."

i was going from both places
thread subject line says "
Special Deal: GEOSATpro microHD - Product Release Special 6/20 - 6/30/2012"
and down below that it says "
Qualifying orders will be received either online or by telephone from 12:01AM, June 20th through 11:59PM July 1st, 2012, Pacific Time."

but its ok just wanted to make sure i ordered 1

Thanks for the notice!

I just check my email.... the IT team was instructed to expire the code at 11:59pm on July 1st.

As a courtesy to anyone who waited to order the last day, we will extend the promo special for all telephone call orders placed during business hours on Monday July 2nd. We close at 4pm PT.

Kudos to Brian & Staff lol i know its hard to have to deal with a bunch of nerd-o-geeks like us who are waiting on a new toy :D

just glad to have several businesses that enjoy and support the hobby also

Thank you for everyone who ordered your microHD. The special is now over!

We apologize for the delay and wish we could start shipping immediately. We were expecting the shipment to be released by customs last week, but customs and shipping companies seem to have their own schedule.

Stay tuned for delivery updates.

Likely holidays are on their schedule (referring to customs and shipping)! :)
They are likely stocking up on fireworks...

Status
Please reply by conversation.