Special Retailer Chat Recap - August 24th, 2009

Red Zone is huge like Scott said. NFL Sunday ticket is around $200+ extra on DIrect. This is the next best thing. Makes sense that they moved Fuel from 155 to 156.

I don't really see how this is huge?:confused: If you live in basically any major market in the country, you will get cbs, fox, nbc and espn; and during all the games, they immediately update you with highlights and even extended coverage in cbs and fox's case, after the normal broadcast game is over.

It would have made so much more sense for sub acquirement and retenion to make the rsn's fulltime and add the HD versions of the ones they are missing. (I.E MSG).

Now going on to questions...

Guess that means the only new HD we will see soon is the NFL Red Zone channel.

Did they say that, or was the point of the call to clear up the DHAToo and get the word out about starting the Red Zone advertising. Better to get the word out early (and try to keep people from jumping ship)

Last edited:
If there is any motovation for Charlie to add the channel it would be that reason right there... Tennessee is playing. :)

You got that right!

I don't really see how this is huge?:confused: If you live in basically any major market in the country, you will get cbs, fox, nbc and espn; and during all the games, they immediately update you with highlights and even extended coverage in cbs and fox's case, after the normal broadcast game is over.

It would have made so much more sense for sub acquirement and retenion to make the rsn's fulltime and add the HD versions of the ones they are missing. (I.E MSG).

While adding this channel is a good start, I do agree on the Full time RSNHD and the missing ones, This is a huge whole that they are missing in the sports deparment, that and MLB extra innings.

Let me add that if your get the NFL Network you will still need to add the $5.99 MultiSports package. :)

Just need to make that clear, dont want opening day to come and have people think that because they have NFL Network that the would get RedZone too automatically. :)

Personally I dont know why they dont have the NFL Network channel be the redzone channel on Sundays.

Let me add that if your get the NFL Network you will still need to add the $5.99 MultiSports package. :)

Just need to make that clear, dont want opening day to come and have people think that because they have NFL Network that the would get RedZone too automatically. :)

Personally I dont know why they dont have the NFL Network channel be the redzone channel on Sundays.

NOT ALLOWED BY THE NFL""

Of course its not allowed by the NFL, this is a new channel which they can charge more money for and thus its good for the NFL. :)

Personally if you are a football fan and normally watch your local home team play I see no reason to get the NFL Sunday Ticket package since you will see every exciting play and score here on the RedZone channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)