Special Retailer Chat Recap - August 24th, 2009

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So I live in the Philly DMA and subscribe to AEP.

So what additional sports programming would I get besides the NFL Red Zone Channel by adding the Multi-sports package? Dish's website is no help in figuring that out.

Would I get the Big 10 Network that I don't get now?

Thanks,

Bob

Yes, you will get Big 10.

You mean I get all of the channels listed?

Is so, sign me up!

Just remember that all the major league games (except those on your RSN or on ESPN, local channels, etc.) will be blacked out, and you will see that there are many instances when the same sporting event or program is simultaneously on as many as, or more than, half of those channels.

However, the real value to the Sports Pack is if you are not a pro league snob. There are many good games from smaller colleges in many different sports such as lacrosse, gymnastics, swimming/diving, hockey, volleyball, you name it, that you will be able to enjoy. It can be a good value for those who really are true sports fans who love all athletics. Just so you know what you will be getting yourself into.

Of course, you could cancel the Sports Pack at any time (paying the $5 downgrade fee) and subscribe during the football season for the Red Zone.

Thanks for all of the feedback on the Multi-sports package.

I'll probably sign-up to get the NFL Red-Zone channel for this season and evaluate the other content to make a decision on whether to cancel or not at the end of the season.

Hey guys, I have been a member here for a bit, but I believe this is my first post! I am a huge football fan and wanted to see if this new channel is worth it. Keep in mind that I am a Cowboys fan living in San Diego. I never went with D* and NFL Ticket because the Cowboys are often in a nationally televised game, and if they aren't, I go to a local sports grill and that's always fun.

Can someone please tell me what Red Zone is all about? When teams get into the red zone do they show a video feed of plays from that point? Or is it just highlights right after things happen?

Also, this may sound dumb, but what are RSN's that people refer to? I have the Gold 250 pack with Gold HD. I don't have the Multi Sports package but might consider it for football season. With the Multi Sports package, would I be able to see games from other cities around the country?

Sorry for all of the noob questions, but thanks in advance for any info!!

And by 'higher' or 'better' they mean more costly, not what you might first think. I think Absolute HD is the best package, and E*'s website says I must sub to better than Classic Bronze 100+, but I don't qualify because I don't pay for a more costly programming package. Oh well. Just like Fox News and many other HD additives lately. I'm still super happy with Absolute...

Sir, Correction......you can add the $5.99 Multi Sports Package with Classic Bronze100Plus and higher packages :)
Yeah you can do that but, it won't get you the Redzone channel. You will have to add multi-sports to a base package that has the NFL network to get redzone. Thus. Classic 200.

Since nobody else has stepped up, I'll take the low-hanging fruit here.

Hey guys, I have been a member here for a bit, but I believe this is my first post! I am a huge football fan and wanted to see if this new channel is worth it. Keep in mind that I am a Cowboys fan living in San Diego. I never went with D* and NFL Ticket because the Cowboys are often in a nationally televised game, and if they aren't, I go to a local sports grill and that's always fun.

Can someone please tell me what Red Zone is all about? When teams get into the red zone do they show a video feed of plays from that point? Or is it just highlights right after things happen?

I think that's it. It's a new channel from the NFL, so nobody has seen it yet.

Also, this may sound dumb, but what are RSN's that people refer to? I have the Gold 250 pack with Gold HD. I don't have the Multi Sports package but might consider it for football season. With the Multi Sports package, would I be able to see games from other cities around the country?

RSN=Regional Sports Network. These are the Fox Sports {insert geographical place name here} channels, plus others. There's a link to the full list available on E* in dmendenjr's first post on 8/25; just scroll up a bit.

The Multi-Sports package typically does NOT entitle you to out-of-market professional games. The leagues offer these in their own programming packages, like Sunday Ticket and whatever MLB calls their offering (neither of which are available on DishNetwork), NHL's Center Ice, NBA's League Pass, and MLS's Direct Kick.

The Multi-Sport package does allow you to see everything else on all of the out-of-market RSNs, which basically boils down to:

-- minor-league pro sports like beach volleyball,
-- high-school sports,
-- evening local sport wrap-up shows (i.e., SportsCenter just for a given market's teams),
-- college sports (which is the big drawing card for this package), and
-- all the paid programming you could want. P90X, anyone?

And don't ask me about out-of-market HD; I haven't subscribed in 2 years and would like to know the answer to this question myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)