Special Retailer Chat Recap - March 18, 2008

I think I heard that it will affect the channels that you get OTA. With the satellite being too low, you will no longer be able to get your OTA channels.

It will also affect the range of your UHF remote. Again, with the satellite not being in the proper orbit, it might mean that you will have to sit closer to the TV in order for the remote to work.

:cool:

Sounds logical to me. :eureka

Thanks for the answer, but a 2 dish setup is a real bummer.

Agreed. Not sure if I have room for that second dish. Maybe if "eastern arc" gets done quickly we may only have to look at one satellite and require only a repoint.

Ler, you beat me to my response. Thanks!!

Greenville, SC locals!!!!! Yes!

This retailer chat is Sat Guys podcast part deux. You guys are once again on top of what is going on.

Great Job Scott.

Additional HD Locals?

I've been viewing those slides with the announced local HD rollouts. Is there anywhere we can go to get additional information on future plans. I specifically am wondering if any plans are in the works for a Harrisbug-Lebanon-Lancaster-York, PA rollout. I think its ranked in the top 50 DMA's nationally, so I was hopeful it would be included soon, but I never even see a dot on the map near Harrisburg. Also, DirecTV and Comcast both offer local HD Channels, so I would think they're available...

Any thoughts? Thanks

I think it'll be 2 dishes temporarily, until the full Eastern Arc thing is done (where ALL the national stuff on 110/119 is put in MPEG-4 on 61.5).
I'm looking up the driveway. But I still haven't seen the Dish retailer with my 61.5 wing dish yet. Maybe he's taking a short break after watching the chat :)

Talon Dancer

Whatever happened to Helena, MT SD locals being added in early 2008? Was announced in a retailer chat last fall, but I haven't seen anything since.

Yeah with locals it always seems negotiations always take longer and in some cases it seems one channel is always the hold up.

I don't know how much Dish is allowed to disclose about these negotiations, but it would be nice if we could be made aware of local stations dragging their feet, so those of us affected could help put pressure on the stations.

Ugh, I wish they would launch the national HD before the Local HD.
Spoken like someone who already has their Locals in HD.

For all the other people though, Local channels is where they get the majority of their programming, so they want their Locals, and don't care about National Channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)