Specific Hopper/other receiver questions for the DIRT folks (or anyone else who knows :) )

One thing I'm looking forward to is and OTA tuner that will actually SCAN, not simply receive a set group of channels from a pre-determined database. I'm having to do some fancy footwork with my HR24 to get it to receive subchannels for the local Fox station.

If your antenna can pick it up and the signal is strong enough, the Hopper's OTA module will pick them up and add them and integrate them into the standard guide (they show up in YELLOW, well, the call sign 'block' does).

If Dish carries the MAIN channel, the guide data for the -01 channel will be copied to that slot. And I'm repeating this on purpose, if Dish carries the MAIN channel, the guide data for the sub-channels will, by design, be populated. If the station changes the TSID, for example, Dish is no longer "fixing" these issues on their end. There's a long thread about this, well, it's about "requests" to Dish to fix that is going seemingly un-noticed by Dish... It's not that common though. As dwarren2 also mentions, it will populate the data for local channels from other markets as well, if you can pick them up. I'm in the Dayton OH market but I get most of the local channels out of Cincinnati OH (the UHF ones, none of the VHF because of my antenna) and my guide data is filled out.

If you have an independent channel that is not carried by Dish, you will not get their guide data.

Thanks for the update....I'm off to see what channels we have in this market that Dish carries. I think we have at least two that aren't on the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)