Specs on DVR & Receiver

RichardT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
From the very limited specs I've found, I assume the Glorystar Receiver has composite, s-video, and component out for possible recording to a stand-alone dvdr (dvd recorder), but does not have a timer to tune itself to specific channels at specific times? If not, is there a Glorystar receiver that does have a timer?

My Panasonic EH55 dvdr has an IR blaster, but would it work with the Glorystar?

The dvr has composite and USB only, no s-video out? A timer is assumed.

Many Thanks for any enlightenment and confirmation you maybe able to share.

Richard

The Glorystar DVR1100c does have a timer and you can plug a USB hard drive in to the receiver and record directly to the USB drive for playback later or you can use a program called VideoReDo to edit out the commercials and burn to DVD.

I use a 500 GB Maxtor USB hard drive with my receiver. I have also used a 8 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick. Each hour of video requires about 1.2 GB of space so I can get about 6 hours of video on the USB stick.

With either set up you can also pause live TV.

Both the DVR1100c and the DSR100c have 10 timers for once or reoccurring daily or weekly events. They also feature identical audio and video outputs: Component, Composite, S-Video (Y/C), RF modulator / unbalanced RCA and optical audio.

Specs for the units are available under the Receiver tab:
Glorystar Single Room Standard System - $199
Glorystar Single Room DVR System - $289

Not familiar with the DVDR and IR blaster. If the blaster is programmable it should be capable of controlling the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)