Speed HD and COX Middle Georgia

Scott89

Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
Heard from a COX associate yesterday on the phone that SPEED HD will be coming to their TV packages in March.

That has be sitting on the edge of my seat, (not really), about whether to switch back to Cox from Dish. Cox offered me one helluva deal to come back with them.....and Dish doesn't look like its gonna be helping out anytime soon.

I don't know I have been cruising the sites as I am getting Cox cable for my internet hookup and probably their basic package so I can get S.D. Padres, but for TV I am sticking to Dish for my TV.
I think the content offered is pretty even when it comes to HD but I am not really interested in that as the percentage of programs offered by anyone is still only about 20%.

I think satellite offers the best picture and will be at the forefront of offering HD as it comes more main stream. I think the prices for the equipment needs to come down a bit and has been, although there is still a big debate about what is best, but that gap is closing. When it gets to where the masses can get 60% to 70% of all programming in HD and by then the technology and prices will be affordable to the masses, then HD will make a difference and I still think satellite will
be the leader as they need to be to stay competitive and at least with Dish the picture and sound have always been first rate for me and I am sure Direct is just as good. Plus the offerings on Satellite have always been better then cable, you get a lot of feeds that are interesting. I know those with HD are just biting at the bit to get the best package and I understand but I really don't think either satellite company will get a substantial lead over each other, but I do think they will get a lead on cable.

Also as I look around, I see more complaints about picture quality off of the cable operators then I read about the satellite complaints. Now this is surely not a professional report, and I going to ask for some help my self on internet cable but I would stick with Satellite myself.
FWIW
Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts