Status
Not open for further replies.

shankle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
florida
Thank you Satellite Guys for this site.
Without you I would never get my BUD working.

If it would not be to much trouble could you add a "Spell Checker" for
turkeys like me that can't spell.:D

AFAIK, Internet Exploder is the only popular browser that doesn't come with built-in spell checking. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari all include spell checkers.

There are third party spell checkers for IE (ie IESpell) to support those who haven't seen the light.

I thank you are missunderstading mi.
When I cumpose a message her on a foarum there is no way to chick
my speeling. Would be nice to have one but if it is to much trouble
then forget it.

No, he isn't misunderstanding you. If you use Internet Explorer, you have to download the Internet explorer spell checker, which can be found at iespell.com.

I am using firefox, and if I misspell a word, it automatically underlines it in red. All I have to do after that is right click it, and pick the correct word spelling.

.. or, alternatively, rather than patching up a version of IE that Microsoft will eventually force you to update (and probably re-patch), use one of the other popular browsers that will always have it built in.

Some of us prefer MSIE whenever possible. After using this "patch" for 3 years, it works great and updates automatically just like all the Firefox plug-ins.

Some of us prefer MSIE whenever possible. After using this "patch" for 3 years, it works great and updates automatically just like all the Firefox plug-ins.

MSIE also work much better than FF. There are several things that I have to use MSIE for that for some reason just don't work in FF. I only use FF because unlike MSIE, FF doesn't toss it's cookies when the PC crashes.

We use to have a spell check a long time ago, however the forum software changed and started using AJAX technology which made the spell check mods stop working.

This is why you don't find any vBulletin sites that have built in spell checks anymore (unless they are running a really old version of vBulletin. :)

MSIE also work much better than FF. There are several things that I have to use MSIE for that for some reason just don't work in FF. I only use FF because unlike MSIE, FF doesn't toss it's cookies when the PC crashes.

I always like to question WHICH sites are those as I have never run into anything FF can't run. Sometimes you may need to add a plug-in as many time thats what helps keep FF smaller and more secure as its not pre-loaded with anything and everything. Can you give some site examples? I would be interested in testing those out.

I always like to question WHICH sites are those as I have never run into anything FF can't run. Sometimes you may need to add a plug-in as many time thats what helps keep FF smaller and more secure as its not pre-loaded with anything and everything. Can you give some site examples? I would be interested in testing those out.

A couple of example a lot of sites have an option you click to see a larger image of the product your interested in. I can click on it forever - nothing happens. (yes popups are allowed) another example, I have an addon for UPS that lets me use my Eltron thermal printer on the web to print shipping labels. it works with IE & won't print from FF.

Some of the sites I use for business only allow IE. They give you a screen that says use IE if you are not. They are private sites though. Essentially they are SAS applications, and I guess they see no need to even test other browers (or probably more likely want to do any support).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)