Spidey 3 Sells 130K in first Week!!

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
So much for a bust huh guys> :D 15,000 more than Transformers

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has revealed that the Blu-ray release of 'Spider-man 3' sold 130,000 copies the first six days at retail, 15,000 more copies than the Transformers HD DVD was reported to have sold its first week on store shelves. Having shipped 400,000 copies to retailers, this represents a 30% sell-off for the title.

David Bishop, President of Sony commented, "We are well-placed for the holidays. We got in before the key shopping season, and now you'll have more people getting into the market, as new players are launching from Sony, Sharp, Panasonic [among others]. It's our hope that they walk out with a player and Spider-Man 3."

The 130,000 sold does not include copies given away as part of a Sony promotion to provide the title to those who purchase a 40GB PS3. Sony expects demand to increase throughout the holiday season, with 'Spider-man 3' to remain a top seller.
blu-ray.com

This is the same company that announced "the war is over". :rolleyes: They may have given away 100,000 copies of that crappy movie.

This is the same company that announced "the war is over". :rolleyes: They may have given away 100,000 copies of that crappy movie.
Possible, and as stated the ones given away are NOT included in the count

And you believe that? Wanna buy a used car? :haha
You are right, some proof is needed to back up the claim, but yes given the popularity of the movie i think that number is within reach if not low

I would say that's a bust. That means 1 in 17 PS3 owners bought it. Doesn't even appeal to gamers.

S~

Spider-man 3 sells well on DVD and Blu-ray - DVDTOWN.com

The numbers for the first week are in. "Spider-man 3" did well but fell short of "Transformers" both in HD and on DVD.

"Spider-man 3" becomes the best selling Blu-ray title with 130,000 copies sold in the first six days. "Transformers" did 190,000 units on HD DVD in the same timeframe. Some have speculated that the "Transformers" numbers are exaggerated, but proof has not been presented and Paramount says that they have double checked the numbers.

On DVD Sony was more reluctant to reveal specific numbers, but said that the standard DVD version sold 4 - 5 million copies. "Transformers" did 8.3 million on DVD.

Did i Miss something or do i need to diffreent reports to get the info the OP Stated?

Which backs up the number sold, but disputes how well the OP stated transformers did in comparison.
Many dispute the 190K number though, so we should probably dispute the 130K number too.

The numbers for the first week are in. "Spider-man 3" did well but fell short of "Transformers" both in HD and on DVD.

"Spider-man 3" becomes the best selling Blu-ray title with 130,000 copies sold in the first six days. "Transformers" did 190,000 units on HD DVD in the same timeframe. Some have speculated that the "Transformers" numbers are exaggerated, but proof has not been presented and Paramount says that they have double checked the numbers.

On DVD Sony was more reluctant to reveal specific numbers, but said that the standard DVD version sold 4 - 5 million copies. "Transformers" did 8.3 million on DVD.

Did i Miss something or do i need to diffreent reports to get the info the OP Stated?
Welcome to Blu Thinking 101:

Axiom #1: What we say is Gospel, what they say is "big ass, fat, stupid lie"

Diogen.

You have to put on your BluBlood troll hat and disbelieve the 190K number and take the 130K number as handed down from GOD himself. :rolleyes:

Yeah. i am with ya.

I personaly don't care who wins.

I own HD DVD only because of the WM Sales last weekend.

I was considering the 179.99 at CC but the $99 sent me over the edge.

there is no way i am going to spen 4-500 on a player that has a chance of not existing.

And i am a teckie with a tast for a nice home theater..

If i could finad a BD player at about $150 i would own one of those as well.

Welcome to Blu Thinking 101:

Axiom #1: What we say is Gospel, what they say is "big ass, fat, stupid lie"

Diogen.

I have so much fun laughing my but off reading these die hard Fans on either side.

I think i could be made into a comedy and be rated well.

Many dispute the 190K number though, so we should probably dispute the 130K number too.
I dont dispute either numbers until i have proof that they arent true. I know that they both sold at least one, since i bought them both:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts