splitter, diplexer, frequency question

cdh1000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
Can someone quickly answer these questions on splitters and frequencies...i want to make sure the hardware i'm using is not causing my problems. forgive my newbie-ness.

-first, what frequency does satellite signal use and what freq does OTA HD programming use? and modulated TV2 output?

-splitters...what frequency is necessary to split a combined satellite/UhF signal? i'm using a splitter that says 5-900 MHz. is that enough, or do i need to be using one up to 2100?

-where do you buy the higher quality diplexers, and combiner/splitters? I bought a couple at radio shack, but i don't have any idea on how good those are.

splitter, diplexers

are you trying to run an antenna and satellite signal down one cable, or I guess what exactly are you looking to get done? Diplexers will combine signals into one cable. Splitters are generally used to split tv signals. If you give out more info I'll help you do exactly what your looking to do

If you can push in the back of a diplexer/splitter with your thumb, it's junk.

Legacy 950-1450 MHz
DP/DPP 950-2150 MHz

TV2 modulated on CH60 (UHF) - [video] 747.2500 [audio] 751.7500
TV2 modulated on CH73 (Cable) - [video] 517.2500 [audio] 521.7500

(clicky click) Standard NTSC Television Frequencies

Rat shack probably junk, I'm sure someone can post a link for high quality HOLLAND splitters/Diplexers

Can someone quickly answer these questions on splitters and frequencies...i want to make sure the hardware i'm using is not causing my problems. forgive my newbie-ness.

-first, what frequency does satellite signal use and what freq does OTA HD programming use? and modulated TV2 output?

-splitters...what frequency is necessary to split a combined satellite/UhF signal? i'm using a splitter that says 5-900 MHz. is that enough, or do i need to be using one up to 2100?

-where do you buy the higher quality diplexers, and combiner/splitters? I bought a couple at radio shack, but i don't have any idea on how good those are.

rcdallas gave you the frequencies you need. As far as where to buy them, buy Holland diplexers. They have red and blue diplexers. The blue ones are the only diplexers that work with port 1 of a DPP44 switch (power inserter). The red ones are very good too but don't have the 2 Amp required for the power inserter in the satellite port.

I bought the blue ones on eBay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)