Spontaneous HWS reboot while scanning EHD listing

KKlare

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 18, 2003
Los Alamos, NM
I was recording and viewing the listings of 1 of 2 EHDs when it shut down and rebooted--this is not the first time, but was at the stroke of midnight. So I end up with 5-min breaks in recordings and some time wasted and lose some recordings that are not repeated.

I do have the OTA module. I was not yet transferring, just comparing sizes of new with old.

It does seem to recover much faster with EHDs in. However it only recognized 1 of the 2. Power off+Power on to get other.

Yesterday it would not re-recognize a EHD until rebooted. Of course, it was at a bad time with many consecutive shows waiting. So I had to abandon several shows to get it going again. More trouble than the H2000?

-Ken

Replacement Hopper says event completed by new Hopper, transferred by remote from old.

I stored the settings/timers from the H2000 to the remotes--a second for backup, which was needed.
I restored them to HwS and now reading the Schedule log it says the event was completed by the HwS's R number.
I would hate to have to replace every Timer just to get it to day Completed by Den, the old and new name.
I guess, this makes sense when you have multiple Hoppers and Joeys, but....
-Ken

It has picked up a new habit, probably seen before. I says
'You have connected a multimedia device to the USB port: "External Device 2"'
This is the EHD that I was checking for duplicates and missing.
Hooray, it looks like I got back to where I was--off then on and stay in place?

Oh and when transferring it used to start off saying it would take twice as long as it actually does.
Yes, the transfer rate depends on the drive and slightly on the system load but guess better, please.
Now it starts off saying many hours when it is a couple of minutes. Can't they get a better guess?

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)