Sports fans: ESPNU HD or Versus?

What would you rather have Versus back or ESPNU HD?

• Give me my Versus - I want my NHL!

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • College sports suck in SD, Give me ESPNU HD NOW!

Votes: 79 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
We're missing the OBVIOUS CHOICE HERE: BOTH

DirecTV is supposed to be "sports leader", there should be no choice necessary.

Um ESPNU IS a national channel.

yet it's not available on a lot of provider's basic tier. What I meant was ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Ocho Cinco, etc get's first dibs. ESPNU gets the scraps. If the game is that coveted, it would be on the first few ESPN alternates before it will be on ESPNU.

Whether you like Hockey or CFB better and strictly from a sports perspective, the "quality" of games on Versus is much better.

yet it's not available on a lot of provider's basic tier. What I meant was ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN Ocho Cinco, etc get's first dibs. ESPNU gets the scraps. If the game is that coveted, it would be on the first few ESPN alternates before it will be on ESPNU.

Whether you like Hockey or CFB better and strictly from a sports perspective, the "quality" of games on Versus is much better.

I don't know about other providers but it is on D*'s basic package (I'm ignoring the Family package).

But I agree with Jason, it should be both. But if I had to choose just one it would be ESPNU since I like college sports better than hockey but I know not everybody feels the same so we need both.

I don't know about other providers but it is on D*'s basic package (I'm ignoring the Family package).

But I agree with Jason, it should be both. But if I had to choose just one it would be ESPNU since I like college sports better than hockey but I know not everybody feels the same so we need both.

I like College Football better than Hockey too, however I am a sports fan above all. Versus broadcasts the pinnacle of the NHL season in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I'd rather watch a NHL Playoff game than a meaningless Jackson St. vs. Mississippi St. game....

PQ yes, but it has already gone HD for many cable subs.

I am talking about the quality of the games.

Like the SEC or not, you have to admit, most would rather watch an SEC game than west montana tech vs north kansas womens college. Which is why I say the quality will go up.

Only problem with this theory is, the BIG SEC games will be on CBS as always, not espnu

IF ESPNU comes on board, it better get the HD stuff going quick, the camera's and positioning they been using for the past several years is really bad, like top of the stadium and that's about it .... hope they have improved things since then.

Only problem with this theory is, the BIG SEC games will be on CBS as always, not espnu

No doubt about that, for most weeks.

However, my point still is valid I think. Most would rather watch a decent team from a good conference play than what they usually show. Take saturday for example.

They had the auburn game followed by miss. state. Much better than what they usually show.

IF ESPNU comes on board, it better get the HD stuff going quick, the camera's and positioning they been using for the past several years is really bad, like top of the stadium and that's about it .... hope they have improved things since then.

From what I have seen on cable, ESPNU HD is on par with ESPN and ESPN2.

No doubt about that, for most weeks.

However, my point still is valid I think. Most would rather watch a decent team from a good conference play than what they usually show. Take saturday for example.

They had the auburn game followed by miss. state. Much better than what they usually show.

Well, I gotta agree with that, A good game always beat most other programming you would find on ESPNU

But CBS is the home of the SEC

Yep, the first weekend was unique for the season.

It wont be like that most weekends. The big game will be on CBS. The second on ESPN. Then they distribute to ESPN 2, U, ect.

And the morning game too.

From what I have seen on cable, ESPNU HD is on par with ESPN and ESPN2.

Thats good, they must have made improvement in the past year or so ...
The Buckeye would somehow get a game on ESPNU for some reason and watching it was just terrible, this may have been before the BTN came on board.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)