Sports fans: ESPNU HD or Versus?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What would you rather have Versus back or ESPNU HD?

• Give me my Versus - I want my NHL!

Votes: 38 32.5%
  • College sports suck in SD, Give me ESPNU HD NOW!

Votes: 79 67.5%

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I gotta agree with that, A good game always beat most other programming you would find on ESPNU

Yeah, I think this is an improvement. It would be if it were any other major conference as well IMO. The games were lacking here for the past few years. Now they do have a draw. And the SEC games are usually competitive at least, compared to what was on anyway.

Thats good, they must have made improvement in the past year or so ...
The Buckeye would somehow get a game on ESPNU for some reason and watching it was just terrible, this may have been before the BTN came on board.

Yeah, of course I do not have access to it all of the time, but from what little I have seen it is much better.

Wait a minute, the Big Ten has the ESPN rights first.

ESPN has been getting the second choice SEC game at 6 or 7 for a few years now. That is what I was talking about.

Edit: most weekends anyway

They're the network rights holder, just like ABC is for Big Ten. ESPN/ESPN 2/ESPNU and the new SEC Network also hold rights, just to the small games.

How is this going to work with both the Big Ten and the SEC having network affiliations. The Big Ten gets the 12 pm game and the 3:30 game sometimes and the SEC gets the other 3:30 and the PrimeTime game ?

This will be interesting.

How is this going to work with both the Big Ten and the SEC having network affiliations. The Big Ten gets the 12 pm game and the 3:30 game sometimes and the SEC gets the other 3:30 and the PrimeTime game ?

This will be interesting.

Pretty much. The SEC has had most night games for a few years on ESPN. Sometimes it has been on 2 if there is a conflict.

Now we will have some on ESPN, ESPN2, and U. Plus CBS, and the SEC network for the morning game.

Edit: also Fox Sports and CSS will cover some of those others. Forgot that.

Pretty much. The SEC has had most night games for a few years on ESPN. Sometimes it has been on 2 if there is a conflict.

Now we will have some on ESPN, ESPN2, and U. Plus CBS, and the SEC network for the morning game.

Edit: also Fox Sports and CSS will cover some of those others. Forgot that.

I didn't know that FSN had some SEC games.

Whether you like Hockey or CFB better and strictly from a sports perspective, the "quality" of games on Versus is much better.

I like college basketball, and ESPNU has been much better for that. I'm a fan in the Big East (Go Marquette!), which gets a fair number of ESPN/2 games, but not all. ESPNU makes it easier to keep up on the league.

Anyway, there was another post that said BOTH. I'm going to have to agree with that. If it has to be a choice, ESPNU.

My favorite team, The North Carolina Tar Heels play UConn on ESPNU this Saturday. I would love to see it in HD but instead it will be some crappy SD. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)