Sports idols who lost your respect?

Any of you old timers remember Lance Rentzel? Dallas receiver that exposed himself to a 10 year old causing his hot actress wife (Joey Heatherton) to hit the road. I'm sure he hurt a few young fans (no pun intended). :)

Any of you old timers remember Lance Rentzel? Dallas receiver that exposed himself to a 10 year old causing his hot actress wife (Joey Heatherton) to hit the road. I'm sure he hurt a few young fans (no pun intended). :)

i hope the crap was beaten out of him when he went to prison. over and over!!!! :mad:

A little story about Jim Thome:

He used to grocery shop at a store I worked at while in College. He was extremely down to earth and incredibly nice (and generous to the employees). He drank Millwaukees Best Light :) :) Anyways, when he said he was going to stay in Cleveland, I believed him 100%. Needless to say I was very disappointed when he left.

I have the same amount of respect for them as they have for me. ZERO! I don't know them!;)

At the risk of sounding like a Rush Limbaugh brainwashee, DITTO!

Even as a kid, I never could understand the notion that there was any connection between athletic excellence and virtue. As Charles Barkley said in the commercial; "It is not my job to raise your kids. it's my job to wreak havoc on a basketball court." And, like me, knows lots of drug dealers who can dunk.

I can name those who lost Wozniak's respect:

80% of the 2008 Lions roster

Oddly enough, it's not the players. While I don't respect there abilities, they didn't quit. It's not their fault that they they're Lions, I would have played if they gave me a contract, too. I don't respect the management that put this crap on the roster, starting with Mr. Ford. He hired the yes men that did his bidding.

I've said this before - 40 of these players wouldn't be in the NFL if it weren't for the Detroit Lie-ons. I will point out one player I didn't respect. Shaun Rogers. This guy just plain quit when he was here, and I don't miss him at all. He played hard for half a game, half a season, etc.... Cleveland will see his true colors someday.

I'll take a stab at it ....

The Captain, Steve Yzerman.
Joe Dumars
Mr and Mrs. Illitch

Notice NO Lions names here :eek:

Jimbo

I'll toss a few more names into the mix (I could add many, many more)

Al Kaline, Barry Sanders, Dave Bing, Gordie Howe, Jason Hanson (he's never made as much as a wimper about playing for the Lions), Chris Speilman, Lidstrom, etc....

I have to admit that when Don Sutton went off on Steve Garvey about thrity years ago, I initially thought it was just because he was jealous of him.

And I was surprised to recently learn that Jim Palmer had fathered an out-of-wedlock child.

I'll toss a few more names into the mix (I could add many, many more)

Al Kaline, Barry Sanders, Dave Bing, Gordie Howe, Jason Hanson (he's never made as much as a wimper about playing for the Lions), Chris Speilman, Lidstrom, etc....

John Wockenfuss :D

Sorry, but as a kid I always loved his stance.

It seemed like every other game I went to at Fenway was Tigers-Sox.

I will point out one player I didn't respect. Shaun Rogers. This guy just plain quit when he was here, and I don't miss him at all. He played hard for half a game, half a season, etc.... Cleveland will see his true colors someday.

Funny. Because he's been a model citizen on and off the field here. I never saw him give up on a play with the Browns. He played his ass off whenever he was in there and was clearly the class of our defense. He was rewarded with a trip to Hawaii.

And speaking of Shaun and Hawaii, he even purchased a flight ticket and room accommodations to a recently laid off employee of the Browns. With the downturn in the economy, even pro-teams are cutting back. Often times, those from jobs who pay very little. Anyways, this woman had a PR position and Shaun gives her a lot of credit in turning his public image around while in Cleveland. To show his appreciation, he treated her and her husband to a Hawaiian vacation.

John Wockenfuss :D

Sorry, but as a kid I always loved his stance.

It seemed like every other game I went to at Feway was Tigers-Sox.

Forgot about that guy. That was a strange "stance". I'm still hoping to go to a game in Fenway someday. I missed out on going to Yankee Stadium. Maybe Fenway and Cooperstown, when my son gets older.:)

Funny. Because he's been a model citizen on and off the field here. I never saw him give up on a play with the Browns. He played his ass off whenever he was in there and was clearly the class of our defense. He was rewarded with a trip to Hawaii.

And speaking of Shaun and Hawaii, he even purchased a flight ticket and room accommodations to a recently laid off employee of the Browns. With the downturn in the economy, even pro-teams are cutting back. Often times, those from jobs who pay very little. Anyways, this woman had a PR position and Shaun gives her a lot of credit in turning his public image around while in Cleveland. To show his appreciation, he treated her and her husband to a Hawaiian vacation.

BTW, the Lions cut that slug you guys sent us - Bodden. I hope Rogers keeps playing to that level, not for him, but for you. You had to see him in Detroit to understand how Jimbo and I feel.

Plane crash in area where several SABRES live!

Freestyle motorcross/Metal Mulisha member Jeremy Lusk dead at 24..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)