Sports idols who lost your respect?

Excuse me.....but the "tub of goo" moniker is ALREADY TAKEN!! GET YOUR OWN!!!:rolleyes::mad::p;)
Hmmm...I thought this guy was the original Tub O' Goo...:p

a_weis_i.jpg

You might not like to meet a person you admire in person. I have because of my job.

My list

The Jerks.

Evel Knievel. I had to work with him on an event in Daytona back in 1999. Short temper and not a nice guy to be around. I'm not the only one to say that.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Stuck up and full of himself.

The Nice Guys.

Curt Schilling. Very nice man. Nothing fake about him

Carlton Fisk. Very Humble.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. Another great guy. RIP.

I could give a list a mile long but these are just a few.

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    603.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
You might not like to meet a person you admire in person. I have because of my job.

My list

The Nice Guys.

Curt Schilling. Very nice man. Nothing fake about him

I could give a list a mile long but these are just a few.
Everything I've heard about him seems to imply he's a moralistic stuck up jerk, but then again, I don't know the guy personally.

Clemen's body called it quits in 1993. From 1993 to 1996, he was a .500 pitcher who only was at his best on five days rest. Without performance enhancoing drugs, he would not have finished his career with Hall-of-Fame numbers

Astute observation. I thought he was done then also. When he came back from that and won some more Cy Young awards, I thought that I may have been witnessing one of the all-time greats. What a letdown that was. For the record, I remember telling a friend in the late 90's that I thought we were in one of the greatest periods of hitting in baseball history. Now I know it was all a sham. Broke my heart, they did.

END THE STEROID ERA NOW!

Everything I've heard about him seems to imply he's a moralistic stuck up jerk, but then again, I don't know the guy personally.

Curt is 100 percent honest. He doesn't like fake people of any kind. Far from stuck up. Some of the ball players are just the opposite. I don't know Curt personally. Do you ever read some of the sports writers in Boston? A few just make up lies about players. Dan Shaughnessy is one of them.

Dale Earnhardt Sr. was the same way. Very down to earth. The way he was on the track was not the way he was in life. Ask anyone that worked for him .

ROFLMAO!!!! :D

Sorry, you're right, that was a copyright infringment. :eek:

But your tub of goo has nothing on my tub of goo! ;):)

The ONLY difference between your "tub of goo" and mine is that yours 'plays for the other team'....and I am sure that is you were a fan of the Oakland Raiders, you would chance your tune buddy! LOL!;)

What bothers you the most, that he's moralistic, stuck up, or a jerk?

ALL THREE!!!! I met him and dealt with him many times when he use to pitch for the Rochester Red Wings when they use to be the Orioles triple A affiliate. WHAT AN A$$HOLE!!! I have never met a guy more full of himself and an attention whore than this guy. I met the pitcher Kevin Brown when he played with the Marlins and I had heard the stories and most were relatively truly WHEN THE CAMERAS WERE ON....but away from all that, he was a decent guy. But Schilling..??!!..ah hell, I better stop! I have said too much and just talking about him gives me a migrane.

For all that know me here, they know how much I hate the former Raiders defensive coach Rob Ryan(good luck with THAT HD in Cleveland)...THIS GUY is a hair below him as far as guys that piss me off.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Plane crash in area where several SABRES live!

Freestyle motorcross/Metal Mulisha member Jeremy Lusk dead at 24..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)