sports in hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
thinking about switching from dish. need to confirm that regonial sports network [fox sports southwest] is 24 hr hd. also if i sign up for the sports package do i get the other regonial sports stations in hd except for the pro games? i watch a lot more sports than movies and wonder if i would be happier at direct tv.

thinking about switching from dish. need to confirm that regonial sports network [fox sports southwest] is 24 hr hd. also if i sign up for the sports package do i get the other regonial sports stations in hd except for the pro games? i watch a lot more sports than movies and wonder if i would be happier at direct tv.

This link will tell you what stations you get:Local Regional Sports Network Information It does appear that Fox Sports SW is a 24/7 hd channel, but I'm not positive.

You will certainly get more content in HD with the sports pack than you will from Dish, however as you stated, nearly all pro sports are blacked out except on your own regional nets. You will pick up alot of college games however and sports shows.

As the above posts mention In terms of the other RSN channels, yes you would get those channels minus the pro games shown in HD as many of the channels are in HD 24/7 if its a 24/7 HD channel. Many people dont realize that other shows are in HD are chose to not believe it :) like coaches shows and such, I enjoy seeing those shows.

Though a nice thing is if you decide to invest in out of market sports packages its nice that you can watch the RSN's insead of the channels that are dedicated to the sports packages!

need to confirm that regonial sports network [fox sports southwest] is 24 hr hd
yes it is.

The only RSN's that arent 24/7 in HD (not including the part time RSN's) are FSN Ohio and FSN Cincy. Heck most of the part time RSN's are in HD. FSN Houston, Indiana, Wisconsin as example are also in HD

Looking at the guide for tonight for FSN SW, FSN SW+ and FSN Houston. All 3 games are in HD (Stars, Spurs, Rockets).

(now FSN SW since its 24/7 the SD version is hid in the guide. Any part time RSN has a SD version and the -1 is the HD version.)

Attachments

• FSN SW.JPG
    FSN SW.JPG
    854.1 KB · Views: 145
fox southwest lists houston astros and texas rangers as teams carried. does anyone know if direct tv does like dish when both teams are playing at the same time , they put one on fsw and the other on an alternate channel? need to see rangers full time if i switch.

You will likely get a -1 channel for that game only that will carry the game.

Larry
Unlike Dish which puts the teams that are on a RSN they dont carry full time on a random alt channel, Directv has a place for FSN Houston. Its above in the pic I provided and does not change. Rangers would be on FSN SW and Houston on FSN Houston, both in HD. If there is a 3rd game going on (like at beginning of baseball season when hockey and bball still going) they would be on FSN SW+

Now I know some Ranger games are on OTA (27). If you are in the DFW market they'll be on there in HD. If you are outside of DFW then they will be on a RSN Alt channel. Those can vary. The Minnesota Twins have the same thing. Sunday games are on OTA in Minneapolis and a RSN Alt for other parts of Minnesota. It **should** be in HD too on the RSN Alt

What part of Texas are you in? You might want to put your zip in this link and it will tell you what teams you will get
Local Regional Sports Network Information

no problem :)

Basically your local RSN (FSN SW) is in HD 24/7
The 2 alt channels in your area (FSN SW+ and FSN Houston) are games only but are in HD also

so you'll be set

oh ok. Its in HD too so he's still covered :)

edit: looked at the Rangers site and they do have some ST games that say "TXA-21" so that must be right

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts