Sports Pack Connecticut question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkmaldonado

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I am getting D* this sunday and wondering what RSNs and what Sports Pack channels I would be receiving? I am a big Celtics fan and would love to get Comcast SportNet New England for the games. Anyone have a channel list?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, but you'll only be entitled to most game programming (including replays and too many other things to mention) of the teams on that site.

I'm guessing because you mention CSNE that you're in the eastern 4 counties. You'll only get Sawx, Bruins, Celtics. I see the website listing mets and yankees for Storrs (happen to know that zipcode :) ), but I'm not sure I believe it. I could be wrong, but that website has proven to be a little screwy at times.

Yes, but you'll only be entitled to most game programming (including replays and too many other things to mention) of the teams on that site.

I'm guessing because you mention CSNE that you're in the eastern 4 counties. You'll only get Sawx, Bruins, Celtics. I see the website listing mets and yankees for Storrs (happen to know that zipcode :) ), but I'm not sure I believe it. I could be wrong, but that website has proven to be a little screwy at times.

All of CT gets the Sox, Yanks, and Mets. Only some get the Celts. I don't get them here in Cheshire.

I am over in Meriden. RSNs and Sports Pack are two separate things or the same?

I am over in Meriden. RSNs and Sports Pack are two separate things or the same?

Hey, you are right next door! Anyway, the rsn's are all of the local sports channels around the country, YES, NESN, SNY, etc. Whatever is local to your area is what you get with your basic service. All of them together are the Sports Pack. You don't get the out of market pro games in whatever league, but you will get much of the college stuff and other out of market programming. To get the pro stuff you need to subscribe to Extra Innings, Center Ice, etc.

All of CT gets the Sox, Yanks, and Mets. Only some get the Celts. I don't get them here in Cheshire.

Well, I'll be damned. :) I didn't think the NY teams claimed all of CT, but you're right, they do.

map of baseball blackout ranges

As for the Celts, as I understand it, they split the state of CT in 1/2 along a NW to SE diagonal. Cheshire (and I believe Meriden, too) fall on the NY side of that line, so you get the Knicks. Too bad. :D

Well, I'll be damned. :) I didn't think the NY teams claimed all of CT, but you're right, they do.

map of baseball blackout ranges

As for the Celts, as I understand it, they split the state of CT in 1/2 along a NW to SE diagonal. Cheshire (and I believe Meriden, too) fall on the NY side of that line, so you get the Knicks. Too bad. :D

Not being a big NBA fan, I don't much care between the Knicks and Celts. We used to get CSNE here, but not anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)