sports pack question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibttw23

Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
hey guys...i'm new to the forum, this is my first post. i was wondering if anyone knew if directv had any plans of eventually adding sportsouth to the sports pack, hopefully before baseball season (i'm a big braves fan). i would really like this channel because i live in ct and i want access to fsn south & sportsouth (pregame coverage), since i'm already getting mlb extra innings. i want more than just the games.

i e-mailed dtv and they said that they would tell their management about my request, but i don't think they're gonna do anything about it.

i read on wikipedia that right now sportsouth is only a regional network because of its entertainment shows as well as sports, but channels like altitude and sun sports have the same kind of programming, but they're on the sports pack. could this maybe be because sportsouth was recently changed from turner south a few months ago? i'm hoping that directv gets their act together and puts this channel in their sports pack lineup, because if they don't then i have no way to access it besides moving down to georgia (i don't want a slingbox).

I think SportsSouth is already in the Sports pack.

I think it's channel 633.

I have the sports pack and everything on Sportsouth stays blacked out, except for the Thrashers games but that's because I have NHLCI.

yeah, i'm not worrying about the games, i'm gonna get mlb ei...i want all the pregame and specialty shows though....anyone know if dtv has any plans to add it to the sports pack? or is it already on the sports pack?

Last edited:
yeah, i'm not worrying about the games, i'm gonna get mlb ei...i want all the pregame and specialty shows though....anyone know if dtv has any plans to add it to the sports pack?

Those type of shows are on as part of the Sports pack, and then go off when the games start.

Jimbo

but can i get access to other shows on the specific channel sportsouth? i want access to the channel, is it on sports pack? i don't worry about the games getting blacked out b/c i'm getting ei. i'm in ct, do they let me get sportsouth if i order the sports pack?

I have heard with a few of the New York area RSNs that there are many shows that are not available to out-of-market viewers even with the sports pack. I am not talking about live games here either. I have heard about teams shows, classic game reruns, and other different non-live game shows being blacked out to viewers who have the sports pack. This whole Turner South/Sports South seems to be cut from the same loins here also, but I could be wrong. I had the sportspack for a while but was never able to pick up Turner South and I don't think I could get it when they changed to Sports South either. Your zip code will ultimately tell the story on what you get and don't get. Best bet would be to talk to someone knowledgeable at DTV (I know they are an endangered species)

but can i get access to other shows on the specific channel sportsouth? i want access to the channel, is it on sports pack? i don't worry about the games getting blacked out b/c i'm getting ei. i'm in ct, do they let me get sportsouth if i order the sports pack?

Here is the link to what you get with Sports Pack, Sports South is in list.
Channel 630 if I amlooking at the correct channel for you.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/packProg/channelChart2.jsp?assetId=1100069

Jimbo

sportsouth isn't on that list...i assumed that when the network was turner south we couldn't get it...but when it was bought by fox i assumed they would allow people to view it. most of the other fox regional networks are in sports pack. it used to have a bunch of random southern entertainment shows, but when news corp. bought the channel they cancelled all of them, so i assumed it would be added to the sports pack (it's similar to sun sports and altitude channels).

i was wondering if anyone on this forum had any inside info on this subject, i appreciate everyone's help.

ibbtw23, I dont know where your located{home address},but I thought that I recall reading in one of satellite forums that Turner/Sports South Channel was only available to a few selected states around Georgia. I do have the sports pack and I remember on that channel I would gat a banner attached to it stating that is was not available in my area. I live in the most northern part of Ky. just south of Cincinnati so I`m kind of in the middle of the north/south dividing line and not in that viewing area.However I have that channel blocked out of my fav`s for that reason.If it has since been made available I have not checked recently to see if I now get it.I do get the Braves games via E.I. package on that channel.Hope I did not confuse you and maybe someone else in the forum might have better information than I do on this matter.

So Sports South and FSN South are not the same channel ...
This must be what your refering to.

Jimbo

Yeah I don't think they are the same, that's why I said the channel number was 633 from what I could see.

yeah i know that they are a different channel from fsn south. i believe that right now no one out the southern area will get the channel (i'm in ct). i just thought that maybe since it said that they were getting rid of the entertainment shows that they would let it be on the sports pack, at least before baseball season starts. thanks again for all the info. it's just frustrating that there are people out of market who want the channel, but there is no way to view it unless you're in the right zip code. access denied.

yeah i know that they are a different channel from fsn south. i believe that right now no one out the southern area will get the channel (i'm in ct). i just thought that maybe since it said that they were getting rid of the entertainment shows that they would let it be on the sports pack, at least before baseball season starts. thanks again for all the info. it's just frustrating that there are people out of market who want the channel, but there is no way to view it unless you're in the right zip code. access denied.

Yup,
I've got a whole other "Zip Code Access Denied" problem,
search some of my posts on FSN Detroit if you want to see my issues, to detailed to go into here.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)