Sports Pack

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gdodd12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Hello.

I am considering a switch to DTV and I am curious about the Sports pack. I really want FSCHD and GOLTVHD, but I don't want to get that top tier package because I just don't need all that comes with it. If I get the sports pack is it one of those things where basically every channel is blacked out all the time? Or do all those RSN's in there actually allow you to view the sports?

Thanks.

Hello.

I am considering a switch to DTV and I am curious about the Sports pack. I really want FSCHD and GOLTVHD, but I don't want to get that top tier package because I just don't need all that comes with it. If I get the sports pack is it one of those things where basically every channel is blacked out all the time? Or do all those RSN's in there actually allow you to view the sports?

Thanks.

The pro sports will generally be blacked out unless you have the corresponding sports package (MLB EI, etc). The post games shows won't be blacked out like they are on the sports packages. Some sports like college football will be shown and their regular programming will be available.

The pro sports will generally be blacked out unless you have the corresponding sports package (MLB EI, etc). The post games shows won't be blacked out like they are on the sports packages. Some sports like college football will be shown and their regular programming will be available.

I assume the FSC and GOLTV things aren't blacked out though. And honestly that is all I really am interested in.

I assume the FSC and GOLTV things aren't blacked out though. And honestly that is all I really am interested in.

That is correct, you will get those channels not blacked out. If you call in to order you might even get a discount on the regular Sports Package price.

All of your non-local RSNs will be blacked out when pro sports are on. You usually get college games live on non-local RSNs but the pro ones outside of your market will be blacked out unless you also subscribe to the extra package (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc)

Its been noted already that all out of market pro sports are blacked out but the college games usually arent.

I got it for the college football and college hockey :)

Why NBA TV is not in Sports Pack?
they should added it..like dish does
DirecTV puts NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB (which does not have at all) in their basic package. NFL and MLB are in all packages, while NBA and NHL are in Choice Extra and higher. Dish puts NBA, NFL, and NHL in their AT200 package and higher

I have Mas Ultra package (spanish+english channels) what is $60 a month almost equal to choice extra ...and I don't get NBA TV ...I would love it if they add it to sports pack so I don have to change my package and lose spanish channels :rolleyes:

Last edited:
while it isnt on sports pack like said it is on Choice Xtra and Above.

But I dont get how you pay 60.00 and that is equal to Choice, not Xtra, Choice is like 60 a month, while Choice Xtra is like 65.00 a month.

I also would like to see NBA TV in the sports pack, but I have Ultimate Choice and Sports Pack anyway.

I get the sports pack for college games, and i have NFL Ticket and NBA LP.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts