Sports pkg & pro teams

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hjwii

Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
Hiho....

I'm new here, and I have a question concerning sport package and MLB or NHL teams...

DirecTV was kind enough to let me preview the sports package for a few weeks... you know, the one w/ all the Fox Sports and YES and MSG etc. I also subscribe to the MLB package (what's it called, Extra Innings?) Now, I have noticed that a whole slew of baseball games show up on the sports package; in fact, I would say as many as 75% of the games.

So, my question is this: is this normal, that any pro sports team that FOX regional channels or, say, MSG, carries will be aired to me? Or is this some fluke given that I already subscribe to the baseball package?

I love the baseball package, but, let's face it, I dont have time to watch 162 games while following 2 or 3 teams. Plus, I enjoy everything else the sports package seems to offer. I can only have one, they both cost the same, so I am trying to figure this out...

So, once again, will I receive professional teams thru the sports package?

Thanks for your help, and I hope I didnt make it too complicated...

hjwii
New Orleans

Last edited:
No, not complicated.

The Extra Innings package is simply a remap of the RSN's. So both the EI channel and the RSN are open only when Extra Innings is purchased.

If you do not have Extra Innings, all the pro baseball teams except those in your market are blacked out.

which makes all the fsn's in the sports package pretty worthless unless you like hours of Poker (which is not a sport):mad:

However, IF you follow only your local teams, over the sports spectrum, then it IS cheaper to go this route, but you will only get your local teams.
What you are seeing now is the FSN package opened up so you can see it. (once the actual games come on and your not in this promo status) all channels except yours will be blacked out, games wise.

JImbo

Last edited:
what would be nice is if they would have another package where you could pick a team or two and get just those games (never gonna happen), I live in Braves land but would love to get the Indians games (where I grew up) but the package is too expensive just to watch some Indians games (at least I can listen to the games on xm for no extra charge).

icstephen said:
(at least I can listen to the games on xm for no extra charge).

Only if you subscribe to XM separately. The D* XM channels don't include the MLB game channels.

icstephen said:
what would be nice is if they would have another package where you could pick a team or two and get just those games (never gonna happen), I live in Braves land but would love to get the Indians games (where I grew up) but the package is too expensive just to watch some Indians games (at least I can listen to the games on xm for no extra charge).
How do you listen to XM for the games for free ?

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
How do you listen to XM for the games for free ?

Jimbo

You can't. D* has a subset of XM channels for music. For the full XM programming package you must have a separate XM subscription.

I have an XM subscription for the car, and I often listen to the D* XM channels at home, especially from outdoor speakers on my deck. It beats FM cold for content, clarity, and sound quality; and is a lot more interesting than feeding a CD changer.

Last edited:
jpn said:
You can't. D* has a subset of XM channels for music. For the full XM programming package you must have a separate XM subscription.

I have an XM subscription for the car, and I often listen to the D* XM channels at home, especially from outdoor speakers on my deck. It beats FM cold for content, clarity, and sound quality; and is a lot more interesting than feeding a CD changer.
Thats what I was getting at, I was wondering what kind of set up icstephen had, or if he had a different type of package or something out of the ordinary.

Nope...sorry...I have the old skyfi 1 unit and 2 boxes (one in the bedroom & one on the stereo) and move the head back and forth. I misspoke earlier, I forgot that xm was now on D* and was talking about my stand alone xm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)