SportsNet New York, Now Available!

No refund or transfer, but the package has not started. So call and see.

The absence of YES Network on E* is primarily a local New York issue as most of the teams which play the Yankees also televise and that coverage is provided in MLB Extra Innings.

JohnH said:
The absence of YES Network on E* is primarily a local New York issue as most of the teams which play the Yankees also televise and that coverage is provided in MLB Extra Innings.
But if the opposing teams coverage is OTA (and this seems to happen more often for the Yankees due to their popularity) the game will not be in Dish's MLB EI. And (as of now) no Yankees - Indians or Yankees - Blue Jays games will be on MLB EI, since Dish doesn't have a contract with STO and nobody carries Blue Jays produced games.

Dish MLB EI will *really* be missing a lot of NL East games this year, since (as of 03/24) no Phillies, Mets, or Nats produced games are included.

For any D* vs. E* comparison, the Phillies, Padres, Blue Jays, Mets and Indians are currently a non-issue as both do not have any contracts for these. The Yankees and Nats are an issue, but as pointed out they are not a complete non existant entity.

Last edited:
Dish has always been honest with the NFL & YES. "If you want 'em go to Direct TV". If their not going to carry this RSN, they should just tell us. I'll go elsewhere. This "We are open to a fair deal" is BS. I'm open to sleeping with Jessica Alba but I know it ain't gonna happen!

Not carrying any local baseball in the NY Metro area is plain crazy. Not only is it the # 1 market in the country, but baseball is just huge in NY. They would make more money by paying a little more for the channel than they want, and not losing existing and potential new customers to DirecTV or cable.

Any NY baseball fan will not sign up for dish if they are looking for a service. They will sign up for DirecTV or cable. I have lived here all my life, and I can tell you that baseball is the biggest sport in NY. Not to carry the Yankees is bad enough, but to compound it by not carrying the Mets either is plain dumb, and will cost them customers.

rob321 said:
I would of never signed up with dish if i knew this! No way to get out of my commitment is their?
pay the chargeback.....that's it...
Although, you may have a legal remedy..If you have the time and the money.....If you are one who stands on principle, consult an attorney...
I am one of those few who owns their E* stuf , so I can bolt if I wish..

Let me ask this question. Won't it cost Dish Network more money for all the existing and potential customers they will lose compared to just paying SNY the $ 1.70 they want per customer ? If you think about it if every customer has an average bill of say $ 70-80 a month if they lose even some of their existing customers, and new customers that are baseball fans go to DirecTV wouldn't the $ 70-80 they are losing per customer actually mean it costs more in the bottom line to not pay the money to SNY than to pay them the money ?

I refuse to believe in the # 1 market of NY they will not lose customers by carrying no baseball. Baseball is to big and too important to at least some customers for them to not lose subscribers.

Lucky said:
Let me ask this question. Won't it cost Dish Network more money for all the existing and potential customers they will lose compared to just paying SNY the $ 1.70 they want per customer ? If you think about it if every customer has an average bill of say $ 70-80 a month if they lose even some of their existing customers, and new customers that are baseball fans go to DirecTV wouldn't the $ 70-80 they are losing per customer actually mean it costs more in the bottom line to not pay the money to SNY than to pay them the money ?

I refuse to believe in the # 1 market of NY they will not lose customers by carrying no baseball. Baseball is to big and too important to at least some customers for them to not lose subscribers.
Pure speculation here but with a touch of common sense..
My thinking is E* will weigh the costs vs the benefits and make their decision..given the popularity of the Yankees one would think there would be enough E* discos to warrant a rethink by E*..
Apparently the amount of E* custs bailing wasn't enough to budge the company...
I did read in the latest uplink post that SNY has been uplinked to ch 438 but not for viewing.....That is encourgaing to Mets fans....
Historically E* has not added channels/services they can't make money on..
YES is an example of that policy....

I am in the same boat as most..As a met fan I want to see the games if I buy EI...If I don't get them,I won't buy the package..I'll just listen on the web....
I sae the EI sched for the first few weeks of the season..Due tot the absence of deals betwen E* and D* more than half of the Mets earlyseason games are not on EI....that's unaccpetable ....My thnking is if I buy the package, E* should not have any discretion on which games I get to see..The package is the package...
As consumers we are supposed to have some semblence of choice...But that's in a perfect world...

rob321 said:
Where is the schedule at?
http://www.directvsports.com/Schedules/Packages/MLBExtraInnings/
here's the rundown
4/3, 5/6 Mets vs WAS...Opener is on ESPN.The next two are on the EI
4/7 -9 Mets vs FLA all 3 on EI
4/11 - 13 Mets vs WAS 3 gm series...gms 2/3 on EI
4/14- 16..Mets vs MIL..all three games on EI
4/17 - 19 Mets vs ATL..gms 2-3 ..Weds 4/19 may be an ESPN regional game..
4/20 - 23 Mets vs SDO..None on EI
4/24 -26 Mets vs SFO...gms 2-3 on EI..Weds again may be ESPN regional game
4/28 - 30 Mets vs ATL...None on EI....It's possible that the fri gam is being picked up by FOX regional covergae..The Sat game may be on Fox national and the Sunday game while scheduled for an 1PM start may be moved to 8PM to accomodate ESPN..
The ESPN and FOX stuff is pure speculation on my part but I have seen these changes made before...
to sum up..14 of the Mets first 28 games are on EI......6 of those games will be blacked out in my area.....2 vs ATL and all vs WAS..
BAsically the games vs SDO are out becuase of the SNY deal(or lack of) and Padres games are not b-cast via satellite...
Somewthing I do not understand..Why would a business ignore a potetntial source of revenue..Surely hte teams muust get a part of the EI revenue..Why would an organization justr decide to turn that down by keeping their games off satellite..I guress the local cable outfit that bought the rights to local broadcasts may have sweetened the pot so that the Padres would not miss the lost EI $$
It looks like it's going to be a baseball nuclear winter for me if E* does not pick up SNY...If they don't I'm not ordering EI..That's that...

Last edited:
dishcomm said:
Pure speculation here but with a touch of common sense..
My thinking is E* will weigh the costs vs the benefits and make their decision..given the popularity of the Yankees one would think there would be enough E* discos to warrant a rethink by E*..
Apparently the amount of E* custs bailing wasn't enough to budge the company...
I did read in the latest uplink post that SNY has been uplinked to ch 438 but not for viewing.....That is encourgaing to Mets fans....
Historically E* has not added channels/services they can't make money on..
YES is an example of that policy....

I am in the same boat as most..As a met fan I want to see the games if I buy EI...If I don't get them,I won't buy the package..I'll just listen on the web....
I sae the EI sched for the first few weeks of the season..Due tot the absence of deals betwen E* and D* more than half of the Mets earlyseason games are not on EI....that's unaccpetable ....My thnking is if I buy the package, E* should not have any discretion on which games I get to see..The package is the package...
As consumers we are supposed to have some semblence of choice...But that's in a perfect world...
Its the MLB owners that control extra innings not e*

I would love SNY on E* but I have a feeling everyone including myself is going to take yet another RSN fall when we don't get this channel and D* does. Unfortunately, my parents control the TV in my house or I would have had D* years ago for YES. The odd's of E* ponying up some dollars to Wilpon and company is highly unlikely. By time DISH is done there wont be any subscribers left in NY.

Scottie318 said:
I would love SNY on E* but I have a feeling everyone including myself is going to take yet another RSN fall when we don't get this channel and D* does. Unfortunately, my parents control the TV in my house or I would have had D* years ago for YES. The odd's of E* ponying up some dollars to Wilpon and company is highly unlikely. By time DISH is done there wont be any subscribers left in NY.
I would not want ot be in your shoes.
who knows how much negative churn E* has sustained in the NY ,market because of this..

Someone on WFAN (the local sports talk station here in NY) today said DirecTV will announce a deal with SNY probably tommorrow. They said it came from someone in the executive office of DirecTV. Dish Network should be ashamed of themselves. They hide under this idea of trying to keep their costs down for all customers, yet their prices are the same as DirecTV, and DirecTV has all four NY RSN's while Dish Network has two. Dish Network will lose existing and possible new customers if they have no NY local baseball on. No doubt about that.

Lucky said:
Someone on WFAN (the local sports talk station here in NY) today said DirecTV will announce a deal with SNY probably tommorrow. They said it came from someone in the executive office of DirecTV. Dish Network should be ashamed of themselves. They hide under this idea of trying to keep their costs down for all customers, yet their prices are the same as DirecTV, and DirecTV has all four NY RSN's while Dish Network has two. Dish Network will lose existing and possible new customers if they have no NY local baseball on. No doubt about that.
E* has the channel uplinked so please hold your tongue for now

It is truly unbelievable that MSG/FSNY are basically junk and their costs INCREASE when they LOSE professional teams. What is the deal with that?!

I've really had enough of this nonsense. I partly blame DISH for screwing everyone in NY but this is really getting out of hand. Why should Cablevision be allowed to package distribution rights for MSG/FSNY TOGETHER? Where else does that happen with any RSN? I can't think of any situation. Perhaps I am not informed enough on the negotiating rights for the other RSNs.

MSG = Garbage
FSNY = EVEN WORSE!

DISH says "We want to keep the cost down!"

However, the cost is roughly the same as DirecTV whom in the next several days will most likely have ALL FOUR RSN's. This is beyond ridiculous.

Lucky said:
Ia m well aware of WFAN...I am orginally from NJ and now in NC but still listen at night..Comes in pretty good here most of the time....listen to Devils and Mets when in the car..anyway. I agree if E* doesn't pick up SNY they will lose subs .....How many? who knows..Wiull it be enough to effect E* decision..Probabaly not....thinking there are proabbaly more Yankees than Mets fans it didn't matter to Charlie....E* said no to George's channel.....
Now I understand E* has uploaded SNY and assigned it ch 438 but that means nbothing until it becomes available to the consumer.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)